Polarity updates since 7.0.0 ~

Polarity v.7.2.3 (1/2/16) - Latest
Minor patches for Windows XP users.

Polarity v.7.2.2 (12/22/15)
Minor patches.

Polarity v.7.2.1 (12/13/15)
Bug fixes with handling bitmaps.

Polarity v.7.2.0 (12/3/15)
Minor optimizations, bug fixes, better directory error handling.

Polarity v.7.1.9 (11/22/15)
Fixed major crash when browser starts without an internet connection.

Polarity v.7.1.8 (11/21/15)
Many minor bug fixes across the browser.

Polarity v.7.1.7 (11/18/15)
Fixed major crashing issue in 7.1.6.

Polarity v.7.1.6 (11/16/15)
Bug fixes.

Polarity v.7.1.5 (11/13/15)
Middle click to close tab, other bug fixes.

Polarity v.7.1.3 (10/23/15)
Fixes and patches to bugs in top sites and downloader.

Polarity v.7.1.2 (10/18/15)
Fixes to Polarity Launcher, Polarity notification manager, and PolarSync, other fixes to downloader.

Polarity v.7.1.1 (10/9/15)
Spanish Translation Phase 3, more minor patches.

Polarity v.7.1.0 (9/27/15)
Minor patches and bug fixes across the browser.

Polarity v.7.0.9 (9/19/15)
Spanish Translation Phase 2, top sites disposed error fixed.

Polarity v.7.0.8 (9/7/15)
Fixed mouse gesture issues, added Spanish locale (Phase 1), language settings in settings menu.

Polarity v.7.0.7 (8/30/15)
Faster and smoother tab rendering, added additional tooltips, mouse gestures added to Polarity (enable it via settings menu).

Polarity v.7.0.6 (8/18/15)
Set home page from home page button context menu, private mode now blocks website trackers by default, important patches.

Polarity v.7.0.5 (8/12/15)
Fixed downloader file icon not appearing, notifications from confused folder, changed polarity notification warning dialog interval, omnibar will select next suggestion when pressing control + tab key, added looping to autocomplete suggestions, fixed rendering issues, better website phishing detection, tooltips added for tabs, quad snapping for Polarity, fixed control center bugs, option to play HTML5 video on Youtube.

Polarity v.7.0.4 (8/2/15)
User interface updates in settings window, updated UAs, modified zoom indicator, changing themes no longer require restart, message about userstyles added, themes now install to specified themes folder in config directory, update new tab page, autorefresh added to refresh button menu, Document Explorer instances now sync with their associated tabs, fixed autocomplete encoding issues.

Polarity v.7.0.3 (7/25/15)
Fixed bugs with importing bookmarks from Opera, bookmark importing from Opera Next added, fixed some issues with closing
Polarity, fixed issues with TuneIn Radio, fixed frozen issue when trying to open saved tabs, added more clearing options in settings window for cache, cookies,and history, smaller file size, optimized searching from omnibar, added adblock lite mode.

Polarity v.7.0.2 (7/17/15)
Multiple document explorer instances, session restoration after crashes, updated menu renderer, fixed bugs where
Polarity would stay open, faster rendering for GUI elements, redesigned new tab page, bug fixes.

Polarity v.7.0.1 (7/11/15)
Omnibar fixes with autocomplete, security info user interface update, fixes to custom warning pages, updated UI in applets, much better certficate error detection, added media and cookie tabs to security window, fixed download failed handling, fixed spacing issue in settings window, exception handler in popup manager, better RSS support, much faster rendering in Control Center, improved loading speed in document explorer, faster tabs, fixed Dropbox download problems, shift+enter to open search or website in new tab from omnibar, redesigned installer, option to delete all bookmarks, fixed Chrome bookmark imports, import bookmarks from Opera, higher quality icons in bookmarks bar, overhauled user interface for bookmarks menu, several bug fixes, updated private mode page, minor changes to private mode, fixed bug where Windows taskbar would cover the top portion of
Polarity, option to disable
Polarity manager.

Reactions: frogboy

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Sorry for the lack of updates, but a major update to Polarity has recently been released. Polarity 8 comes with a brand new rendering engine, more privacy options (such as blocking plugins and restricting header data), and many other features.

Polarity v.8.0.0 (2/15/16) - Latest
DPI Aware, Replacement of Awesomium 1.7.4 with CefSharp, brand new settings applet to replace the settings window, overhaul of userinterface in the browser, more CPU efficient downloader, download recovery, night mode web browsing, updated mouse gesture API, search current site with shift+enter, messagebox prevention from websites, overhaul of new icognito mode with better design and privacy management, DirectWrite support added, brand new redesigned components, tab pausing in order to save memory, click to play plugins to stop plugin content from starting automatically, better website error protocol handling, redesigned autocomplete menu, disable certificate errors, restrict header data sent to websites, faster and smoother tab animations, fixed pinned tab bugs, popup/app window receives full context menu support, updated malware warning page design, redesigned popup window, fixed form snapping bugs, ctrl + direction keys to change window state, update reminder for portable versions, improved preference saving time, redesigned downloads bar and redesigned download instances, import bookmarks from welcome screen, website aliases, dump console log, lots of code optimization for efficiency, much faster performance with picture/gif backgrounds with translucent background tabs, updated UAs, fixed bug for ghost process after closing, button transitions, previous window size stored in memory, major update to PolarSync backend, fixed crashing issue when closing Twitter, color mode for tabs to allow users to more easily identify the website the tab is associated with.

Again, the full list of updates could be found in the changelog : Changelog

Lanker

Level 1
Feb 7, 2016
Sorry for the lack of updates, but a major update to Polarity has recently been released. Polarity 8 comes with a brand new rendering engine, more privacy options (such as blocking plugins and restricting header data), and many other features.

Polarity v.8.0.0 (2/15/16) - Latest
DPI Aware, Replacement of Awesomium 1.7.4 with CefSharp, brand new settings applet to replace the settings window, overhaul of userinterface in the browser, more CPU efficient downloader, download recovery, night mode web browsing, updated mouse gesture API, search current site with shift+enter, messagebox prevention from websites, overhaul of new icognito mode with better design and privacy management, DirectWrite support added, brand new redesigned components, tab pausing in order to save memory, click to play plugins to stop plugin content from starting automatically, better website error protocol handling, redesigned autocomplete menu, disable certificate errors, restrict header data sent to websites, faster and smoother tab animations, fixed pinned tab bugs, popup/app window receives full context menu support, updated malware warning page design, redesigned popup window, fixed form snapping bugs, ctrl + direction keys to change window state, update reminder for portable versions, improved preference saving time, redesigned downloads bar and redesigned download instances, import bookmarks from welcome screen, website aliases, dump console log, lots of code optimization for efficiency, much faster performance with picture/gif backgrounds with translucent background tabs, updated UAs, fixed bug for ghost process after closing, button transitions, previous window size stored in memory, major update to PolarSync backend, fixed crashing issue when closing Twitter, color mode for tabs to allow users to more easily identify the website the tab is associated with.

Again, the full list of updates could be found in the changelog : Changelog
Just tried to install it...Keeps saying I need microsoft visual c++ 2012.....I have it installed

Polarity

Level 1
Verified
Aug 1, 2014
Just tried to install it...Keeps saying I need microsoft visual c++ 2012.....I have it installed
Did you download the portable version of the browser and did you extract it before running it?
--
EDIT: Try reinstalling Polarity now.

Last edited:

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
360 ts ( bitdefender engine ) flaggs the inststaller as a trojan. False positive? Or has it something to do with the built in wot extension in polarity?

Mops21

Level 34
Verified
Honorary Member
Content Creator
Oct 25, 2014
Hi all

Is the Polarity Browser multilanguage Version when yes which languages did you have

With best Regards
Mops21

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I tried Polarity briefly and i have a few questions.
Do i have to install Flash? I tried to watch some live streaming matches but i couldn't.
Can i remove some features from the address bar such as Voice command?
Can i use another adblocker instead of Adblock Lite or Adblocker Total?
Should i have a VPN installed so Privoxy can work better or it isn't necessary?
Do i need a pdf viewer or Polarity has built in one like Chrome?
Does it have a 64 bit version?

Some observations i made after using it for a while.
It loads pages fast almost like Cent.
It's lite on system resources.
It has a lot of settings to play with.

After someone answers my questions i will give you more feedback;).

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Polarity Browser Portable 8.3.8
Requirements:
  • Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10
  • .NET framework 4.5 or higher.
  • Visual C++ 2012 *IMPORTANT

Features: