Solved Police Ukash virus but computer isn't blocked

Veronica

New Member
When I clicked on a video on a peer-to-peer site I got the "spanish police - you have to pay 100 euros for watching illegal material" page, and I was unable to close that page. I simply closed down the computer and had no problems turning it back on again. I didn't need to use safe mode, it seems fine. My question then, is, should I follow the removal process provided by MalwareTips, given that I don't have the problem of not being able to restart my computer.
 
FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finished FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

Well it seems fine.. as I said in the first message, the virus didnt seem to have affected it, certainly it hadnt blocked it. So I suppose its OK, and I suppose I should stay away from videos on that peer-to-peer website. Anyway, thanks heaps for your help, tbh I didnt realise that personal attention would be forthcoming.. I wish I could buy you a beer but I'm a strange person who decided years ago that I dont like banks.. so no bank account/credit card to make a donation with.. but if you're ever in Palma de Mallorca let me know and I will buy you that beer :-) Have a great day.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top