POLL - Are You Using A Pirate Version Of Windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detection

Level 1
Feb 25, 2011
jamescv7 said:
If you have a budget and not willing to download a piracy then go for the latest version of MS Office.

Or open source programs which are same and easy to used if for only basic task.

'On a budget' and 'MS Office' don't really work in the same sentence

A trial of MS Office maybe though

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Detection said:
jamescv7 said:
If you have a budget and not willing to download a piracy then go for the latest version of MS Office.

Or open source programs which are same and easy to used if for only basic task.

'On a budget' and 'MS Office' don't really work in the same sentence

A trial of MS Office maybe though

Yes trial first but since its only for the couple of clicks, then may decided to purchase a license since one of the easiest to navigate and used as paid version Office.

GA4E1

Verified
May 4, 2013
I use 2 different Windows 7 unattended and modified versions. One is a rather small changes and it is activated by default.

My other one which I use is xDark 4.3 + my genuine key. Only trouble with xDark 4.3 is that it was the last build done by the Tweaker. New versions of the project were by another user.

Needless to say, I had to re-customize xDark 4.3 to my needs and then make some backups.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
No, all genuine licenses.

Agreed DreamSpark Premium saves you on the wallet. :D Last I check, it's mostly offered to students doing IT-related or Engineering degrees.

F

ForgottenSeer 8371

Yes AND No.
My laptop was activated via cracked KMS server then upgraded it via giveaway from Microsoft.

But my desktop, what I am using right now, is pirated since I'm still in college and I think my parents wouldn't want me to borrow their credit card just to buy one.

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
NO - my netbook came in with Windows 7 Ultimate Genuine preinstalled

YES - formatted my drive and installed Windows 8, then Windows 8.1. Don't have money. And so easy to do permanent activation thru phone (SKYPE)... before. Now via KMS

Icekingus

Level 1
Aug 7, 2012
I have never bought one. Neither am I going to when there are so many opportunities - KMS activators, patches, Volume Licences or just asking for a key at a Russian speaking forum or from our sysadmin at the place where I work and getting it free of charge.

Aeonwolf

Mar 9, 2014
I do not used pirated Windows ATM, but I messed up my school PC so I'll have to install it on that.
There's alot of crackers & reverse engineeres that makes "legit" pirate versions of Windows

Last edited by a moderator:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
The best are the Freebies from the Dog and Pony shows that Microsoft puts on for new Office and OS versions. Although the last one for Windows 8 didn't have the amount of swag in years past, but the heckling the Presenters got when discussing Metro made up for it.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Our household uses 3 MS Windows systems.
A Windows XP SP 3 desktop, a Vaio lap top w/Windows 7 Home Premium, and an Acer M series with Windows 8 (upgraded?) to 8.1; and all are genuine factory installed versions. Well, ..except for the XP.:oops: Our young geeky computer repair guy friend assembled it, and o_Oclaimed it was a legitimate version. Hm, although I marked "No" maybe "Yes" might have been just as correct.:) Even so, if that makes me culpable I'm fine with it.:cool:

I ran the LA Marathon today, didn't have a registration number which many would use to label :eek:ME a Pirate!:rolleyes: Arrr, people be liken' them Pirate Movies now, don't they matey??;) ..'an what happened to me eye patch;)??:p
So, "Are You (& I) Using a Pirated Version of Windows" ..or not? Does the fact Windows is the industry standard we've all been forced to accept which is illustrated by the very fact the much maligned Internet Explorer Browser comes "pre-installed" also make Microsoft "Pirates" too? Does selling their swag booty Raided upon the masses (US) also make every one of their systems a o_O"Pirate System" ??:D Think about it. These be strange days indeed...

Last edited:

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
If Microsoft just wants to, it probably can put down all pirated Windows (those connected to the internet), but Microsoft knows that there are people that don't want to pay for software and those that don't have money to pay for software, and by that it keeps maintaining the OS market dominance.

I got Windows 8.1 Pro for free via DreamSpark Premium, until then, used pirated version - of course :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.