Battle Poll: Avira Free Edition or AVG Anti-Virus Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edward ST

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
What do you like? Avira Free or AVG Anti-Virus Free? I want to view which antivirus is good: Avira or AVG.
Thanks in advance for your vote!

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: Poll: Avira or AVG

Could you elaborate on which Avira and AVG products are you comparing? Free Antivirus, Paid Antivirus, Paid Internet Suite?

Edward ST

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
RE: Poll: Avira 2013 Free Edition or AVG 2013 Anti-Virus Free

Earth said:
Could you elaborate on which Avira and AVG products are you comparing? Free Antivirus, Paid Antivirus, Paid Internet Suite?

Oh, sorry I forgotten this: free antivirus

aquarius

Verified
Jan 15, 2013
TechStyle said:
What do you like? Avira Free or AVG Anti-Virus Free? I want to view which antivirus is good: Avira or AVG.
Thanks in advance for your vote!

Avira free doubtlessly for me but depends on what you are looking for, how familiar are you with the program, menus, settings, etc. You must check also if the AV works with your firewall without hiccups. Eventually you must feel comfortable and safe with the chosen solution. Take a look here if you need more opinions:

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-anti-virus-software.htm

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
AVG has better real-time protection but due to number errors and BSOD's caused by it on different machine i would suggest avira.
avg is simply too buggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.