Pop up ads

Infected operating system
KNOX 3.8 ??
Infected device
Samsung Galaxy 10 - Android Version 10 - One UI version 4.1
Infected device issues
It started when I was trying to move photos from my phone to my MAC. I linked them via a lead, but it was not successful - the MAC did not recognise the phone. I downloaded an ad blocker app to scan the phone, and it came back with no harmful apps found. At first, it changed my homepage to a different one, but that seems to have sorted itself - I just keep getting adds pop up. In the privacy dashboard for Safari it said 3 trackers were blocked 16 times today!
Steps taken to remove the infection
Deleted Safari - still got adds - added it back. Changed home page to google - this was going back to 3 but seems to have settled
Cleared Cache and download history

Suziekins

Thread author
Sep 23, 2023
Hi, a few days ago I started getting pop up ads on my Samsung phone - seem to be linked to Safari. I have tried everything I know, but I am still getting them. Any ideas? Thanks

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.