Advice Request Portable on-demand scanner?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Norton Power Eraser and Hitman.Pro are good portable on-demand scanners. You can also use AdwCleaner to remove PUP or preinstalled programs. Process Explorer and Autoruns can be quite useful if you activate the VirusTotal checking.

That are all tools I know and that I personally use for malware checking and cleanup. All I named can be used from a flash drive :)

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Can you please share a link for Hitman Pro portable version? I can't find it.

HMP is portable, only will be installed into your system in case you change the settings below:

hmp.png

Back3

Level 14
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 14, 2019
I use Norton Power Eraser and RogueKiller. The free version is good.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
I've used both Norton and RogueKiller and they're both excellent on-demands. However, I think neither one is portable. Both write into the registry. HitmanPro on the other hand is fully portable, using a proprietary folder for its settings and logs. (y) I do believe RogueKiller has a commandline scanner, like Emisoft. Emsisoft's Kit installer also is not portable.

Edit: corrected, Norton Power Eraser is a portable software.

Last edited:

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
microsoft safety scanner (the defender scan without having defender). crystal (uploads to virustotal) , emsisoft emergency kit. malwarebytes antirootkit (only checks for specific things). mcafee stinger (only checks for specific things)

Reactions: toto_10

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.