Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Old cable :rolleyes:

View attachment 271234
Enjoy your new home and fast connection (y)
Ziggo :)
In first quarter of next year Delta will connect our village to the fiber network so might consider switching to one of the providers they're working with if the price will be good.
I was using Caiway few years ago and it was great for torrents but in day to day usage Ziggo is doing great especially considering all discounts we have since we combining Ziggo with Vodafone :)

Attachments

• Scherm­afbeelding 2022-12-12 om 18.41.26.png
    Scherm­afbeelding 2022-12-12 om 18.41.26.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 89

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Ziggo :)
In first quarter of next year Delta will connect our village to the fiber network so might consider switching to one of the providers they're working with if the price will be good.
I was using Caiway few years ago and it was great for torrents but in day to day usage Ziggo is doing great especially considering all discounts we have since we combining Ziggo with Vodafone :)
Correct, Ziggo.
We will get KPN fiber somewhere next year.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
I won't even bother posting mine. We're stuck with fiber to-the-node, which means phone line the rest of the way to our house. This is the U.S., unless you have high speed cable or true fiber, many or most users are left with old technology or no connection at all. It's sad and bewildering. One of the reasons for the background image on my profile page.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
I won't even bother posting mine. We're stuck with fiber to-the-node, which means phone line the rest of the way to our house. This is the U.S., unless you have high speed cable or true fiber, many or most users are left with old technology or no connection at all. It's sad and bewildering. One of the reasons for the background image on my profile page.
U.S.A. - United States of ADSL

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
1670878647598.png

We actually downgraded 2 steps from a gigabit+ plan. Pay for 800Mbps down, but overprovisioning is mostly awesome in our neighborhood. We didn't need to pay the extra for 40Mbps up, which is still ridiculous. Our neighborhood got a new node a couple months ago, so I'm hopeful Comcast is actually finalizing mid-split in our area soon.

Reactions: Nevi and Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
View attachment 271247
We actually downgraded 2 steps from a gigabit+ plan. Pay for 800Mbps down, but overprovisioning is mostly awesome in our neighborhood. We didn't need to pay the extra for 40Mbps up, which is still ridiculous. Our neighborhood got a new node a couple months ago, so I'm hopeful Comcast is actually finalizing mid-split in our area soon.

Bad upload speed :eek:
Coaxial or fiber ?

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I have got fiber sine 12 years, but stil on cable (hassle of changing e-mail addres everywhere). Got a 350 Mbs down and 35 Mbs up contract, but two 5Ghz channels are maxed out on 65% and the 2.4 channel has a max of 50 Mbs.Because one of us always works home, I have the two 5Ghz channels separated (max around 230 down and 35 up). With upload work related devices always get priority (high) other devies medium (home PC/laptop) and low (mobile phones, because phones use 4g+)
1672246277827.png

Trident

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Not extremely happy with this fibre optic, but it is the maximum in my area. The upload speed is ok.

61A56113-2576-447F-BBBE-E8A67255D1A6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nevi and Shadowra

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.