Post your Speedtest.net and Pingtest.net results

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I am on Wi-Fi now,I have been moving my PC and I don't got a cable that is long enough so now my ping is 22 ms and speed 128/40Mbps according to speednet app for windows 10:cry:
Don't be sad, it's still great result. I have 100/100 Mbps and I get only 47/47 Mbps via Wi-Fi. The router supports 802.11n standard, but it's limited to 72 Mbps so I cannot get higher speeds. :)

Last edited:

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Don't be sad, it's still great result. I have 100/100 Mbps and I get only 47/47 Mbps via Wi-Fi. The router supports 802.11n standard, but it's limited to 72 Mbps so I cannot get higher speeds. :)
That means you need set only 11n standard on router to get back 300Mbps of Link speed. Also, try changing the WAN cable cat6 to something more reputable from Dlink cat6 cable. Those plastic and elastic wires kill most speed and are useless for sustained usage.
Change channel to 6,11 or 13 to get max speed and range.

I

illumination

For being in the country, I'm quite fine with these speeds, my download is only supposed to be 100 upload only supposed to be 10, and 99% of the time it maxes that and well over.

speed test.png

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
That means you need set only 11n standard on router to get back 300Mbps of Link speed. Also, try changing the WAN cable cat6 to something more reputable from Dlink cat6 cable. Those plastic and elastic wires kill most speed and are useless for sustained usage.
Change channel to 6,11 or 13 to get max speed and range.
I think the router is limited to 72 Mb/s on 802.11n standard because everyone who have it, have the same speeds via Wi-Fi. My Wi-Fi network is already on 13 channel because it's the only channel that isn't congested. And I don't have WAN cable, I have fiber cable connected directly to the router.

Last edited:
I

illumination

never actually got to 1000 yet, this is the closest
Qsm77m.png

my new router is pretty sick, getting 200-300mbit/s up/down on my mobile on 5ghz
That is some serious "WoW" speeds... Although I have often wondered, even with the speeds I'm paying for, why I am, as the most I have ever seen any application I utilize download is 10 to 12 MBPS, so why do I need the other 80 or so MBPS, certainly do not need that much for streaming and we do not have 10 devices or more, unless it has to do with companies and Data Caps.

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
That is some serious "WoW" speeds... Although I have often wondered, even with the speeds I'm paying for, why I am, as the most I have ever seen any application I utilize download is 10 to 12 MBPS, so why do I need the other 80 or so MBPS, certainly do not need that much for streaming and we do not have 10 devices or more, unless it has to do with companies and Data Caps.
i watch quite a lot of series and also downloading games, tho it seems my SSD writing speed is limiting me with Steam.
you really don't want to know how much my internet costs monthly, it's disgusting.

one downside, i got a new first world problem, security suites bottlenecking my inet speed...

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I think the router is limited to 72 Mb/s on 802.11n standard because everyone who have it, have the same speeds via Wi-Fi. My Wi-Fi network is already on 13 channel because it's the only channel that isn't congested. And I don't have WAN cable, I have fiber cable connected directly to the router.
Don't disable HT20/40 co-existence. Mine stays at 135Mb/s and on windows 150/300Mbps.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.