Advice Request Prevent installers from opening the default browser

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ng4ever

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
For example Revo Uninstaller opens the web browser after installing. How do I prevent this ?

Reactions: kev216

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
For example Revo Uninstaller opens the web browser after installing. How do I prevent this ?
I don't think that can be prevented as that is set already by the installer.

I also use Revo Uninstaller. I prefer its uninstalling capabilities over CCleaner's, as CCleaner only calls for the program's own uninstaller, while Revo has deeper cleaning methods available. :)

I

illumination

Almost all products will do this with either:

A. Right after installation, to offer paid versions at a discount, or to offer the user a look at other software of the vendor, or to simply say thank you for installing.

or

B. Upon uninstallation where they offer you upgrades at discounts, and or want to ask you questions about your experience and why you are uninstalling so they can better the product.

These being built into the installers/uninstallers are not something you can stop. The only way to aviod it period is to not install or uninstall anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
If you are good to dig up the overall code of uninstaller then why not? However its too much technical and waste of time. (No need to panic :) )

Those behavior are normal since they want to provide feedback on why you remove it.

Reactions: XhenEd
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.