Advice Request Privacy

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 59295
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 59295

Thread author
Hey, guys, I am no privacy expert but now with Avast's latest news, I am wondering what Eset privacy is like as it was probably the longest-serving security on my machine until the problems on W10's release and I kind of want to go back to try it.

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
ESET is definitely more transparent than Avast.

You can check the privacy policy here: Privacy Policy

It's settled in Slovakia. As all companies, they gather data, but as far as it's public knowledge they do not sell you out.

ESET is subject to regulation of Slovak laws and is bound by data protection legislation as a member state of European Union. Every data subject is entitled to the following rights:

right to request access to your personal data from ESET
right to rectification of your personal data if inaccurate (You also have the right to have incomplete personal data amended)
right to request erasure of your personal data
right to request restriction processing of your personal data
right to object to processing as well as right to data portability

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Hey, guys, I am no privacy expert but now with Avast's latest news, I am wondering what Eset privacy is like as it was probably the longest-serving security on my machine until the problems on W10's release and I kind of want to go back to try it.
Here is a link to an article on the topic you are interested in. The study, of course, is not fresh, but I think little has changed since then. privacy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.