- Improved Windows log cleanup
- Improved speed of web browsers cleanup
- Improved Firefox cleanup
- Improved Chrome cleanup
- Improved Opera cleanup
- Improved Sqlite compacting
- Added support of Pale Moon
- Added support of Cyberfox

Does the portable version of Cyberfox store any data on the OS if i install it on the USB? I mean while using it and surfing the web of course.

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Does the portable version of Cyberfox store any data on the OS if i install it on the USB? I mean while using it and surfing the web of course.
Razor555, the main advantage in using a portable version browser, from what I've understood, is registry changes are not made to the system. The gathering of cookies, temp files, and particularly installing downloads which may still present the potential for adding files and data, quite similar to what UAC warns of, may linger. System altering changes are also dependent on one's common sense practices proportionate to the :eek:risk level of the sites you visit.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Razor555

Razor555

Level 5
Verified
Sep 15, 2014
Razor555, the main advantage in using a portable version browser, from what I've understood, is registry changes are not made to the system. The gathering of cookies, temp files, and particularly installing downloads which may still present the potential for adding files and data, quite similar to what UAC warns of. System altering changes are also dependent on one's common sense proportionate to the :eek:risk level of the sites you visit.;)

nvm, i just checked it now. Some of the data does go through the OS, so i will just install the normal version and sandbox it. :p

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
privazer_r1_c2.jpg

v2.25
(01 January 2015)
- Improved SSD support
- Improved analysis of free space
- Improved scan speed
- Improved Firefox support
- Improved Chrome support
- Improved Opera support
- Improved scheduled cleanups
- Fixed issue : Error message when launched

http://privazer.com/privazer_free.exe

Viper007

Level 3
Verified
May 27, 2014
I saw on the program residual traces of old file names and folders but was wondering if i should do this on my ssd as i dont know if it can cause any problems for the ssd or reduce its speed in anyway not to familiar with the program, some help will be great.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I saw on the program residual traces of old file names and folders but was wondering if i should do this on my ssd as i dont know if it can cause any problems for the ssd or reduce its speed in anyway not to familiar with the program, some help will be great.
PrivaZer has adaptation of overwriting algorithms to storage medium. Recognition of type of storage medium of your storage device : magnetic disk, SSD, etc. So I think, it shouldn't be any problem.
Yet, I still don't own a SSD, so I cannot tell from my experience ;)

Reactions: Sr. Normal

Viper007

Level 3
Verified
May 27, 2014
PrivaZer has adaptation of overwriting algorithms to storage medium. Recognition of type of storage medium of your storage device : magnetic disk, SSD, etc. So I think, it shouldn't be any problem.
Yet, I still don't own a SSD, so I cannot tell from my experience ;)
Ive done it on my HDD and earlier today i also just did it on my ssd c drive everything seems to be fine i dont see it doing any harm as it supports ssd drives.

Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
v2.30 (07 April 2015)
- Added Google Chrome GPU Cache cleaning
- Added Opera GPU Cache cleaning
- Improved scan speed (free space)
- Improved Index.dat scan
- Improved Jumplist scan
- Improved Sqlite scan
- Improved Thumbs.db scan
http://privazer.com/download.php

Reactions: Morro and Moose

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.