Pro-Huawei Chinese Diplomat Tweets Against Apple Using an iPhone

CyberTech

Level 44
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Small blunders when social accounts belonging to Apple rivals post new messages from iPhones are something that we see every once in a while, but a Chinese diplomat has recently pushed the whole thing to a completely new level.

Zhao Lijian, deputy chief of mission at the Chinese embassy in Islamabad, poses as a huge Huawei fan, and this makes total sense since this is the largest tech company in his home country.

So after President Trump signed a new order basically banning Huawei from working with American companies, Lijian decided to go online defend his people and make fun of Apple.

“BREAKING: It has been just revealed why @realDonaldTrump hated a private company from China so much that it went so far by announcing a national emergency. Look at the logo of Huawei. It has cut APPLE into pieces...” he tweeted on May 20.

A few hours later, he returned to praise the camera capabilities of Huawei’s phones.

“Why is Huawei making America tremble and go insane? Huawei's new phone camera's optical zoom is just insane,” he said in a video message demoing the optical zoom of Huawei’s devices.

“Twitter for iPhone”
This tweet was eventually pinned, so it’s the first message that everyone loading Lijian’s profile sees.

The most interesting part isn’t the fact that Lijian defends Huawei and blasts Apple, but that his rage takes off from an iPhone, which is exactly the device that he’s trying to mock in his tweets.

And what I consider to be even worse is that the Chinese official doesn’t even seem to care about his mistake, as the tweets have already been seen by thousands of Internet users, many of which warned of the iPhone tag in his messages. And yet, they are still there available for anyone to see, along with the screenshots that we attached here for eternity.

alakazam

Level 9
Verified
Mar 25, 2014
I dislike Android, yet I use Android because I can't afford an iPhone. Do I want to use Android? No. Do I dislike Google? Yes. Sometimes we're forced by circumstances to use things we don't like. Maybe the guy had purchased an iPhone as his personal phone long before the Huawei ban happened. Maybe he intends to sell his iPhone and buy an Android in the future.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I dislike Android, yet I use Android because I can't afford an iPhone. Do I want to use Android? No. Do I dislike Google? Yes. Sometimes we're forced by circumstances to use things we don't like. Maybe the guy had purchased an iPhone as his personal phone long before the Huawei ban happened. Maybe he intends to sell his iPhone and buy an Android in the future.
Well you can buy iPhone refurbs. Even then iphone isn't perfect. You need to spend more money to keep it tidy and its a real PITA than android. If you're into iphones or idevices 3utool is the best one. It can flash, jailbreak, update apps, cleanup junk etc...
For android, paid version of sd maid is more than enough to keep the junk away. You can use adb and application inspector to remove bloatwares w/o root.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I can afford either, and I buy Android. I feel iPhones are wretched devices anyway, and generally utilized more by brand loyalists and more image conscious people than techies. Most engineers/techs/security guys I know use Android because the flexibility (without rooting) is vastly superior.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
I can afford either, and I buy Android. I feel iPhones are wretched devices anyway, and generally utilized more by brand loyalists and more image conscious people than techies. Most engineers/techs/security guys I know use Android because the flexibility (without rooting) is vastly superior.
They are worse during repair and backup/restore. Taming an iPhone is difficult while taming an Android to be just like iPhone with max privacy is somewhat easier because user base of android is much more than iDevices and Macs combined.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.