Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
I cannot get Windows 7 Pro to activate. It could be a lock on the OEM. :eek:

Name: Windows(R) 7, Professional edition
Description: Windows Operating System - Windows(R) 7, OEM_SLP channel

A problem occured when Windows tried to activate. Error code 0xC004E003.

Would re-installing change the problem, or any options ? Due to the OEM_SLP channel, I am unsure how to resolve.

Reactions: Logethica

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
When I was using Windows 7, and after several installs, regularly, I had to use their tool / method that allow to phone them (free call) and retrieve a special code to activate my Windows 7 ( a vocal server voice with basic interactions).

Upvote 0

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
When I was using Windows 7, and after several installs, regularly, I had to use their tool / method that allow to phone them (free call) and retrieve a special code to activate my Windows 7 ( a vocal server voice with basic interactions).

what special code, and could i get that code instead of my old key #?

i haven't gotten any phone numbers through troubleshooting. it pulls up a help and support page from Windows.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
First look a this :
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931276

Error code Description
0xC004C003 The activation server determined the specified product key is in use.

So It relies to the number of time you entered it.

When you go on options to activate a key, there is a way you can use to make it without connection, by phone.
They give you a code and a phone to call, and with the code, they will verify and tell you a long code to activate your windows. Two methods : talking with a real person, or with a vocal server

"How to activate Windows 7 manually (activate by phone)
1) Click Start, and in the Search box type: slui.exe 4
2) Next press the 'ENTER' key
3) Select your 'Country' from the list.
4) Choose the 'Phone Activation' option.
5) Stay on the phone (do not select/press any options) and wait for a person to help you with activation.
6) Explain your problem clearly to the support person.
"

5) => Could choose a vocal server

Will try to found screens

Last edited:
Upvote 0
L

Lucent Warrior

When your key failed to activate, you should have been given the choices of entering another key, or contacting support. Utilizing the Activation Wizard can guide you through the activation process online, or via automated telephone support, where you will need to read the installation ID numbers and then be presented with a new set of numbers to input.

Follow this guide:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/18715-activate-windows-7-phone.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
When your key failed to activate, you should have been given the choices of entering another key, or contacting support. Utilizing the Activation Wizard can guide you through the activation process online, or via automated telephone support, where you will need to read the installation ID numbers and then be presented with a new set of numbers to input.

Follow this guide:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/18715-activate-windows-7-phone.html
=> How two different people trying to help in the same time a person can get a the same point :p

DardiM 0 - Lucent Warrior : 1
(you put the link before me lol)

Upvote 0

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
=> How two different people trying to help in the same time a person can get a the same point :p

DardiM 0 - Lucent Warrior : 1
(you put the link before me lol)

First look a this :

3) Select your 'Country' from the list.

Will try to found screens
[/QUOTE]

I dont have a country select list, or any pop up that I can use, just re-enter another key or buy one, or microsoft help, which only opens a help and support guide.

Upvote 0
L

Lucent Warrior

Try reentering the product key again by selecting "Change Product Key" if this does not work, then the next option will be the phone method whether automated or by live support. If these options do not work, i would personally reinstall windows 7 then try it again.

Upvote 0

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Genuine Microsoft Software Diagnostic Results
Passed Active scripting allowed
Passed Display images enabled
Passed Computer time and date correct
Passed Cookies enabled

Upvote 0

DardiM

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
May 14, 2016
2. To Activate by Phone
A) Open the Start Menu, and type slui.exe 4 and press Enter.
3. If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.

4. Click on the drop down menu and select the nearest location to you for a toll free number to call, then click on the Nextbutton. (See screenshot below)

Step1.jpg

Are you getting here successfully ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.