Advice Request Problem install Windows update kb5000802.

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

grimreaper1014

Level 3
Thread author
Jul 9, 2011
Hi guys,

Today I decided to check for Windows updates. It said there was one update available which is kb5000802. When I try to install it I am getting an error message.

There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: (0x800f0988)

I have tried Google searching for suggestions on how to fix the problem. I have tried deleting the SoftwareDistrobution folder and rebooting. The error is still present. I also tried downloading the standalone update and updating. However, it fails as well. Has anyone else had trouble with this update? Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this problem?

Thanks,
Rocky

Reactions: Nevi

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
If you have this update (KB5001567)
I don't think it will be easy to install kb5000802
and it's also the other way around so check if you have the first 1
I think both is optional.

grimreaper1014

Level 3
Thread author
Jul 9, 2011
If you have this update (KB5001567)
I don't think it will be easy to install kb5000802
and it's also the other way around so check if you have the first 1
I think both is optional.
Thank you for your reply. I do not see it under installed updates. If it is just an optional update I will not worry about it. However, I have been having some issues with my PC where it was shutting down and restarting at night. I thought maybe this corrupted my Windows 10 install and that was why I was having problems. I have since fixed the problem. I ran DISM and SFC which fixed the corrupted files etc. Now I am just having this Windows update problem.

Last edited:

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
Microsofts patch KB5000802 caused quite some problems with different printers and atm they are trying to fix the mess. I would just wait a week till the dust settles (because it seems like 2? tries later it's still not fixed)

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Have you tried running this exactly as i posted?
I ran the following separately:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

rebooted and ran sfc /scannow

The_King

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 2, 2020

After the release of the March 2021 Windows 10 KB5000802 and KB5000808 cumulative updates, users began experiencing "APC_INDEX_MISMATCH for win32kfull.sys" BSOD crashes when printing. Other users experienced different issues, such as blank pages, black bars in printouts, and background graphics not printing.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.