Advice Request Problem Installing Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware tool

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 77194
  • Start date

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

F

ForgottenSeer 77194

Thread author
After I run it, I got this pop up:

Program Compatibility Assistant
A driver cannot load on this device
Driver: kl1.sys

The setting that prevents it , is Memory Integrity.

Anyone having a similar problem or know how to fix it?

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
Your only option is to turn off memory integrity as Windows doesn't allow exclusions for it. You can do by going Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Device Security > Core isolation details, then switch memory integrity off.

Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 77194

Thread author
ok thanks for the info. The thing is when I install Kaspersky AV I don't have the same problem.
The anti-ransom tool installs and works with the exception of that driver.
Is it needed to function properly?

Reactions: Kongo
Upvote 0
F

ForgottenSeer 77194

Thread author
Exactly, Windows Code Integrity seems to use Microsoft HyperV, and can't be 2 HyperV running in the system at the same time, You have to decide Microsoft one of Kaspersky one :)
The Anti-ransom tool installs and the gui appears, but the driver did not install.
Does it mean the app will work properly without the driver, with only minor problems or
The app will seem to work but in reality it won't provide any protection?
I can still use it if it's the first case.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.