Solved problem with mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
hey guys! having a slight problem with my mouse here.....on my laptop i dont use the touchpad but use a mouse and i have a problem many a times it double clicks when i single click.

any solution to this??

would bringing a new mouse would be the ultimate solution?

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
malwarekiller said:
hey guys! having a slight problem with my mouse here.....on my laptop i dont use the touchpad but use a mouse and i have a problem many a times it double clicks when i single click.

any solution to this??

would bringing a new mouse would be the ultimate solution?

If you have a spare mouse lying around the house. That would be an option to try. If that doesn't work. It's something to do with the USB ports then.

Upvote 0

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Malwarekiller access mouse settings from control panel and then reduce its sensitivity. You can also plug the mouse to a different port and see. Has happened to me a couple of times and mostly its the sensitivity that needs adjusting. Only once was my mouse faulty.

Upvote 0

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
malbky said:
Malwarekiller access mouse settings from control panel and then reduce its sensitivity. You can also plug the mouse to a different port and see. Has happened to me a couple of times and mostly its the sensitivity that needs adjusting. Only once was my mouse faulty.

Try what malbky said and if that doesn't work then it might be something to do with hardware.

Upvote 0

malwarekiller

Thread author
Mar 30, 2012
thanks malbky i put the mouse sensitivity to a lower score it was quite high seems like this has resolved the issue :)...i will do few more tests then report back

Also,i cleaned the bottom of my mouse that had got dusted.

Upvote 0

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
From control panel also there was an icon folder test on that settings when tweak from its sensitivity thus you can test it. Then check for other mouse settings on related tweak that can affect from your mouse too.

Upvote 0

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Good your prob is solved. It must have saved some bucks. SO put the money in a piggy bank or your bank account or grab a soda or burger and relax.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.