image.png

every time i try to activate it shows this error please help me

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I'm really sure Umbra can help here. He know more about this than me. My solution would be uninstall and re-install.

D

Deleted member 178

No need to uninstall it, it is just that the server is down or in maintenance ( i can't contact it too). wait some hours and it will be ok. during that time just use the trial period then enter your license later (do an update to verify that the server is back.)

I

illumination

I would contact Emsisoft through their support forum

Emsisoft Forum

The main issue i see in the forum that cause this is the WinCrypt api, from not having the service pack installed for the OS. I am sure they would be more then glad to walk you through figuring it out though!

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
No need to uninstall it, i t is just that the server is down or in maintenance. wait some hours and it will be ok. during that time just use the trial period then enter your license later (do an update to verify that the server is back.)

i had posted this after watching this from today morning around 6-7 hour later also it showing the same error

D

Deleted member 178

i had this issue once, it came back after 2 days, try again now

D

Deleted member 178

use the trial mode and retry tomorrow, i will verify if the issue appears on support forum. if not you will have to reinstall it. patience is a virtue ;)

btw , you have v6.0.01736?

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
Unknown: Please disconnect your internet and reconnect.
Broadband/Internet connection terminated by few firewalls during installation

Thanks

D

Deleted member 178

i got a reply from the developer, maybe one of the licensing server "may" have a problem.

ctrlaltdelete

Oct 9, 2012
No issue here with OA license activation.

If you need instructions on how to check/see the server response, just let me know.

D

Deleted member 178

i think he will need to do a Fiddler log as requested by Fabian, but im sure he doesn't know how to do, can tou post the procedure for him?

ctrlaltdelete

Oct 9, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
i think he will need to do a Fiddler log, but im sure he doesn't know how to do, can tou post the procedure for him?

Sure, i can do that :)

How to create a Fiddler log?

Download and install Fiddler2.

Open Online Armor > Options > General > Internet Settings.
(or select the Internet Settings during the setup)

Select "use proxy server"
Address: localhost
Port: 8888

Start Fiddler.
Fiddler will now act as a proxy and log a lot of data transfers, including the OA server requests and responses. Emsisoft doesn't need other data, so close browsers and other apps that use the internet. Or remove those lines from Fiddler afterwards. Just keep the lines with connections to the emsisoft servers.

Reproduce the issue with OA.

In Fiddler, choose File > Save > All sessions.
File will be saved with a *.saz extension.

Disable the proxy setting in OA.

ctrlaltdelete

Oct 9, 2012
Here's an example of the info shown in Fiddler when i activate my free license again...

OAFiddler.png

Don't forget to blur/censor any confidential info in Fiddler images if you decide to post images like this one.

whizkidraj

Level 8
Verified
Nov 9, 2012
Hey guys did he just installed the Online Armor. If Yes then I would have restarted the PC and then connect to internet and try to verify the license as this was the case what I used to do many times when I used Avast IS and it used to work. Now using Emsisoft IS and no problem though :)

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
I had once done that. But it was before Emsi and Tall emu merged. I was assited by Mike at Tall emu forums.
Actually my OA kept failing and the free version demanded a license key. So he gave me one. And the free version got activated then.
Unknown are you using, the paid version?

MrExplorer

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
use the trial mode and retry tomorrow, i will verify if the issue appears on support forum. if not you will have to reinstall it. patience is a virtue ;)

btw , you have v6.0.01736?

yes i tried today also i showing the same error

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.