Problem with Yahoo Hijack of Search Bar

MaidenJane

Thread author
Verified
May 9, 2014
Here's another screenshop - on the tab up top, when I searched on maidenjane - it says Y- maidenjane - Looksafe Ya....

Attachments

• screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 76

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I think we missed something, and give up is not an option.

Open FRST, check Addition.txt, press Scan and attach both reports.

MaidenJane

Thread author
Verified
May 9, 2014
I'm ready for a beer....

Attachments

• Addition A.txt
    52.9 KB · Views: 93
  • FRST A.txt
    57.9 KB · Views: 112

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    447 bytes · Views: 69

MaidenJane

Thread author
Verified
May 9, 2014
It seems to be good. The only thing that seems slightly strange - or different - is that if I go to the google box in the center of the page, it immediately puts my curser up to the browser bar. I usually search in the browser bar anyway, so that is not a problem, but seems different. If I type in the browser, google.com and then go to the center google search box, it will search there. Then, the next time, it jumps up to the browser. I'm not sure if that makes sense. But I've done 6 or 7 searches and it seems stable at the moment.

MaidenJane

Thread author
Verified
May 9, 2014
Logged off chrome and logged back on and yahoo is back on. I was googling this looksafe and a few sites had uninstall info but not sure I should try any.

MaidenJane

Thread author
Verified
May 9, 2014
I'm checking back in. I had checked my extensions - there was never anything there and I unchecked all the ones I did use. I broke down and bought spyhunter. It identified it and remove it. I hope it works. I did not see your message to reset the router, so I did not get a chance to try that. I really appreciate all your time.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.