Here's another screenshop - on the tab up top, when I searched on maidenjane - it says Y- maidenjane - Looksafe Ya....
 

Attachments

  • screenshot3.jpg
    screenshot3.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 76
Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to the operating system

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.
 

Attachments

It seems to be good. The only thing that seems slightly strange - or different - is that if I go to the google box in the center of the page, it immediately puts my curser up to the browser bar. I usually search in the browser bar anyway, so that is not a problem, but seems different. If I type in the browser, google.com and then go to the center google search box, it will search there. Then, the next time, it jumps up to the browser. I'm not sure if that makes sense. But I've done 6 or 7 searches and it seems stable at the moment.
 
Logged off chrome and logged back on and yahoo is back on. I was googling this looksafe and a few sites had uninstall info but not sure I should try any.
 
I'm checking back in. I had checked my extensions - there was never anything there and I unchecked all the ones I did use. I broke down and bought spyhunter. It identified it and remove it. I hope it works. I did not see your message to reset the router, so I did not get a chance to try that. I really appreciate all your time.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top