* Command line support for setting process priority and
I/O priority
* Improved termination of explorer.exe

http://processhacker.sourceforge.net/

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
RE: Process Hacker 2.14

Thanks for the notice. I use this tool as a replacement for Task Manager since it works better than other alternatives under a non-admin account.
This version might generate a Cloud alert (CIMA) from CIS, it is a false-positive.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011

Its better then Process Explorer. Process Hacker can even terminate your av.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011

And process explorer is one of those alternatives that needs administrator privileges when it starts. A bit off topic: Comodo uses a modified version of Process Hacker in KillSwitch (part of Comodo Cleaning Essentials)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Just replace process explorer and put process hacker so far I liked it.

ballader1

Apr 14, 2011

Process Hacker is open-source and it is much better than Process Explorer. I love it.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011

between process hacker and process explorer.. which better and detail?

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011

This isnt a war room. Try both and decide for yourself. Thanks.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Well for that case they are both good but Dieselman is correct just test and get a feedback for it.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

win7holic said:
between process hacker and process explorer.. which better and detail?

You can create a new topic here:
http://malwaretips.com/Forum-War-Room

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

Just a side note... last time I executed Process Hacker, I got a nice BSOD. I never felt like trying it again, since Process Explorer works well enough. ;)

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011

Ummmmmmmmmm. Been using Process Hacker for well over 3 years. Never a BSOD. What version were you using? This one? Since it does not even need to be installed I find it hard to believe it caused a BSOD. You probably were using the older version which used .NetFramework.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Oh.. Me I download Process Hacker in zip files in XP desktop and in other laptop Win7 and there were no problem.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Well there types when downloading a file

A zip file and an executable file. So not sure how come it made a BSOD there.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

Dieselman said:
Ummmmmmmmmm. Been using Process Hacker for well over 3 years. Never a BSOD. What version were you using? This one? Since it does not even need to be installed I find it hard to believe it caused a BSOD. You probably were using the older version which used .NetFramework.

Possibly. It was a while ago.

"Since it does not even need to be installed I find it hard to believe it caused a BSOD."

Well, all I knew was that I ran the Process Hacker executable, and the next thing I know I got a BSOD.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011

Well the other day I bit into a bad apple. Does that mean that all apples are bad. No. What version where you runningt at the time? Did you download the installer or portable version? Where you using Process Hacker 2.14? Cause if not then your problem is irrelevant to the current topic.

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

Dieselman said:
Well the other day I bit into a bad apple. Does that mean that all apples are bad. No. What version where you runningt at the time? Did you download the installer or portable version? Where you using Process Hacker 2.14? Cause if not then your problem is irrelevant to the current topic.

"Well the other day I bit into a bad apple. Does that mean that all apples are bad. No."

Kind of obvious. I never once thought that PH was very buggy, since everyone else adores it.

"What version where you runningt at the time? Did you download the installer or portable version? Where you using Process Hacker 2.14?"

It a long time ago, actually. Version 1.3.7 or something.

"Cause if not then your problem is irrelevant to the current topic."

Well sorrrrrryyy dear buttercup. :heart: I was talking about why I was not using the current version of Process Hacker: because I had a bad experience in the past, and because PE is more than enough for my needs.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

Other than being able to terminate my AV, is Process Hacker really that much more useful than Process Explorer or Autoruns?

What are the specific advantages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.