Advice Request Process Lasso - is it okay for those who HATE to read instructions?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I run Win7 on my aging laptop computer. Will Process Lasso (PL) be at least somewhat useful as a "set it/forget it" -- or do I need to do a bunch of tweeks that entail reading instructions?
You can use the defaults.
Depending how powerful your laptop how much or better less you will profit from process lasso.
On my new laptop with Windows 11 it does almost nothing and I don't use it anymore, on older laptops ProBalance kicks in regularly.

Freki123

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I only ran into problems when I tried to use it on a SUA (But I think it was user error because I also never read a manual if try and error before works). The rest ist quite straight forward (at least the options I wanted on windows 10). On win 11 I'm not using it atm because for some reason it (win 11) seemed to manage stuff better for me.
Btw they sell lifetime licenses for only a bit more than the annual price. 25€ vs 40€

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
@Gandalf_The_Grey -- Thanks for the guidance! Default it is, then.

I have the free version. Is there any reason that a Win7 user who hates tweeking should buy the pro?
No, if you don't mind the nag screen when Process Lasso is opened.
Process Lasso is free to use indefinitely, but some advanced features will be disabled after 14 days.

Popular features like ProBalance are forever available in the free edition! However, a nag may be seen when Process Lasso is opened.

bellgamin

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
No, if you don't mind the nag screen when Process Lasso is opened.

I don't need all that other stuff from the Pro, right? Or....do I?

As for the nag screen - no problema. As a youth in TX I rode a nag (4-legs) to school & back. Once married, my wife (2 legs) would sometimes (rarely) nag. So I am well broken to the saddle.

gonza

Level 2
Sep 10, 2019

Brahman

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
I run Win7 on my aging laptop computer. Will Process Lasso (PL) be at least somewhat useful as a "set it/forget it" -- or do I need to do a bunch of tweeks that entail reading instructions?
You are inviting trouble by using windows 7. Its support ended in 2020, it would be wiser to move on to something which is supported. Use a linux distro on your old hardware, The new Ubuntu 22.10 is pretty good. if you want to run any windows apps you can use either bottles or playonlinux.

bellgamin

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
You are inviting trouble by using windows 7. Its support ended in 2020, it would be wiser to move on to something which is supported. Use a linux distro on your old hardware, The new Ubuntu 22.10 is pretty good. if you want to run any windows apps you can use either bottles or playonlinux.
I use my computer 90% for a pastime & 10% for business. I enjoy using Win7 -- often Win7 knows what I'm trying to do before I do. I image my system drive 3X/week so -- if I have a problem I simply restore a clean image and all is well.

Also I have good security: AV, behavior blocker, anti-exe/anti-keylogger/HIPS -- PLUS I got me a donk (VoodooShield). Of course, NO security is bullet proof...
There never was a bronc that couldn't be rode, & there never was a cowboy that couldn't be throwed 😊 .

Last edited:

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I don't need all that other stuff from the Pro, right? Or....do I?

As for the nag screen - no problema. As a youth in TX I rode a nag (4-legs) to school & back. Once married, my wife (2 legs) would sometimes (rarely) nag. So I am well broken to the saddle.
golly, we be neighbors, or were...? I used Process Lasso once upon a time in the distant past. All I remember, I stopped using it. Try using free for awhile, it may not do much??

piquiteco

Level 14
Oct 16, 2022
I, too, used Process Lasso in the past, it was the Pro version at the time, which I got in a giveaway. I never believed in this type of program, but I confess that I felt a balance in the CPU and an improvement in the distribution of RAM in my laptop that I had years ago.

bellgamin

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
@simmerskool -- I first lived in outskirts of El Paso, then San Antonio outskirts, then Del Rio then back to El Paso. Was in Navy for Korean war & early days of Viet Nam. Afterward I settled in Hawaii.

@piquiteco -- Process Lasso's ProBalance is excellent for an older computer. It has GREATLY improved my aging laptop's responsiveness during high CPU loads. It actually feels like a new computer.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@simmerskool -- I first lived in outskirts of El Paso, then San Antonio outskirts, then Del Rio then back to El Paso. Was in Navy for Korean war & early days of Viet Nam. Afterward I settled in Hawaii.

@piquiteco -- Process Lasso's ProBalance is excellent for an older computer. It has GREATLY improved my aging laptop's responsiveness during high CPU loads. It actually feels like a new computer.
supposedly there's "something" about the water from the Rio Grande o_O I immigrated from Chicago's too cold winters 37 years ago.

bellgamin

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
supposedly there's "something" about the water from the Rio Grande o_O I immigrated from Chicago's too cold winters 37 years ago.
Don't drink the water from the Rio Grande, amigo -- Montezuma's Revenge awaits! 😧

I have a friend who moved from Hawaii to Chicago (GOOOD grief!!), where he opened a VERY successful ukulele store. (I am one of his online customers.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, back at the topic -- I have noticed that Process Lasso's icon in the system tray shows considerable activity when my computer is starting up. The start up seems significantly zippier now. Makes me smile.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.