Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\ProgramData\tencent"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\baidu"

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
I'm not saying that Quiho, Baidu, PC Faster and others are bad, in fact in my post i said that as heuristic cloud-based excellente have good protection and others. What I mentioned is how they propagate / force to get their products just look at third-party installers PUP included that will see some Chinese product. Anyway do not like this policy but each chooses what you'll feel protected.

Finally, china is the pirate of tecnology and that's a fact.
90% of all Windows systems in China are pirated.

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
I have to clear Baidu from my sys using JRT
Log------------
~~~ Folders
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\ProgramData\baidu"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\ProgramData\tencent"
Successfully deleted: [Folder] "C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\baidu"
"C:\ProgramData\tencent" is the folder which was created by Tencent Program(eg: QQ International), not Baidu.:)

xywcloud

From X-Sec Antivirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Aug 8, 2013
Difficult to uninstall.Had to use JRT for removing traces.

Cons : Bad proactivity, Update slow, Difficulte to uninstall
Good : Good detection, good UI

cons : Automatically closes any uninstallers trying to uninstall baidu antivirus

noticed same here month ago. like they dont want that u remove some leftover. wich reason that can have, hmm..

Interesting.

This reminds me of an active piece of malware constantly scanning for programs like mbam.exe and terminating them when detected to prevent removal of itself.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
BUT, in order to avoid malicious programs uninstalling Baidu Antivirus, we have to take this strategy to block any other third party programs to uninstall Baidu Antivirus.
If you want to uninstall Baidu Antivirus, you can open "Control Panel", click "Uninstall Programs", find "Baidu Antivirus", and then uninstall it.:)

viktik

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Installing Baidu AV now under avast! Sandbox.

Con: Not all components have a Digital Signature. o_O

View attachment 21282

Baidu tray application is signed

BAIDU 2015 SIGNATURE.jpg

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
and I tried and it's pretty good. has a high detection rate.

the good thing is that it is set to the full 360 qhio.

Reactions: FreddyFreeloader
M

MalwareT

Their chinese version can be found on Malc0de, install itself like a rogue (in background) and it's very annoying and spooky. I had big issues with it and i was pissed off sometimes :mad:

Ulikedat

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Apr 20, 2014
Recently tried it, bit too buggy for me (horribad browsing slowdowns, not acceptable.). Loved the gui and functions tho but crank it to max, get's even more buggy. Predicting this will be badass in the near future :)

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Baidu finally made this to where it will run in a non-administrator account. Been using in an old machine for about one week, doesn't slow down browsing, good detection, fast scans, phishing protection decent, updates every 2-3 hours. Been testing malware packs with it and it seems to have improved a lot lately.
Pretty light memory usage:
B.PNG

Last edited:

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Every time I install Baidu in my virtual machine for test purposes, I run a scan with Malwarebytes and it always finds this PUP, which is a tracker of some sort. If this is a false positive, Baidu should let Malwarebytes know about it. I always download it from Baidu's website.

B.png

Reactions: Kent and Ulikedat

klaken

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2014
I recently install Malwarebytes (updated) rather tube that false positive, I'm taking the installer and baidu as my current av

I like how light is

yo recien instale Malwarebytes(actualizado) y no tube ese falso positivo , tengo el instalador y estoy ocupando baidu como mi av actualmente

me gusta lo liviano que es

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
Every time I install Baidu in my virtual machine for test purposes, I run a scan with Malwarebytes and it always finds this PUP, which is a tracker of some sort. If this is a false positive, Baidu should let Malwarebytes know about it. I always download it from Baidu's website.

View attachment 26719

Baidu AV is toughest to uninstall;it is a sign of malware :confused:

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014

View attachment 26719

Are you sure that is supposed to be in Baidu's installer ? I checked out in a search, and maybe this link will help determine what the heck is CrossRider.

http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/information-109729-program.aspx

FreddyFreeloader

Level 32
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 23, 2013
Last edited:

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
Pros: Good detection rate, quite light on system resources
Cons: Non ideal for privacy lovers.

Reactions: frogboy

JakeXPMan

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 20, 2014
Pros: Good detection rate, quite light on system resources
Cons: Non ideal for privacy lovers.

How is it for "Meat lovers" ?

Does it make a good topping ;)

It comes inside Baidu AV. And, when Malwarebytes finds and gets ride of it - it'll come back later. So yeah, it's malware/spyware/tracking crap.

Baidu it is a good product but, I don't like the unethical behavior.

Seems like more...
unethical behavior

Fudge! :( I was close to using this one, nope! (deleted installer)

I hope Baidu does away with "hidden spyware and junk-ons"... cause it looks like a top-notch software in the making... so stop BAGGIN' IT Baidu! Experts are l@@king through the window, and see the icing on the cake being "licked" before serving. :p

I read AV companies can get a profit for the free product, by placing additional pop-up adds, "optional" tool-bar add-ons, like AVG or Panda for example. :) At least they give you a choice first lol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.