Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
hmmm been using Bitdefender IS for some time now (free 6 months), so far it has been alright for me, the start up is not a problem at all for me, not affected with or without it installed (generally fast start up). Detections are not bad for me, have been contributing my input in the malwarehub side (most of the time better than other AVs but loses to Kaspersky and Qihoo). However one thing that has always bugged me is the time taken for them to respond to the malware sent to them. And I'm not talking about their useless computer generated reply, I'm talking about actually adding the detection into the update, many times they take at least 1 working day to push the update to consumers. Have never had any problems with using it so I never really contacted their support for anything else so I wouldn't know anything about that.

Reactions: Ali80

LORD MADA

Nov 18, 2014
I'm a 2-year bitdefender user now
it really slows down startup , giving BSOD with some drivers.

however in 2015 it's get improved, I've disabled it's firewall to decrease start impact and many bugs have been fixed recently

and life goes on...

EDIT : system scan uses less resources now

Rohugh

Level 2
Verified
Jul 11, 2014
They have now added the ability to turn off the early boot scan ( GUI>Antivirus>>Shield Tab>Custom>Miscellaneous). Whether that reduces the cover or not remains to be seen but it certainly speeds boot on my Win 7 machine.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
I used Bitdefender for 2 years BUT:
-good detection
-good firewall
-very buggy
-light on system but when vsserv.exe update the cpu run crazy and hard drive is getting hammered
-almost no technical support(look at forum)
-Bitdefender is written in assembly language, that gives a good performance. (I'm sorry if i wrong.)

Ali80

Level 5
Verified
Nov 13, 2014
Pros:
- good Antimalware ENGINE
Cons:
- very buggy
- they invest mainly in there Antimalware ENGINE

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Good antimalware protection and antivirus, rapid beginning and in my opinion some positive fasos, very slow navigation to comporacion of ESET, Quio 360, Emsisoft.

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
Bitdefender 2015 has an excellent track record, great detection(s), the only problem are the bugs present in the software. I found that when I enabled Bitdefender profiles is messed up system properties performance and visual effects.

Paul Lee

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2014
Pros:
-Very good detection
-Good looking modern UI
-Install and forget

Cons:
-Very buggy
-High ram usage
-CPU goes through the roof while updating

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I have used Bitdefender a lot, Great program, price on Ebay is super affordable,My only complaint not many tweeks to adjust

Infected

Level 1
Verified
Mar 1, 2015
Don't notice any bugs... not using Windows 10 yet though. 0.7% CPU usage (when idle) and 902.2mb% memory usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.