Basic Security ProTruckDriver's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Sep 29, 2026
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
macOS FileVault
Device sign-in security
    • Account password
Security updates
Check for updates and Notify
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Not applicable - not running Windows
Smart App Control
Not applicable / not available on this device
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Built-in Security for Mac:
* Gatekeeper
* XProtect
* Malware Removal Tool (MRT)
Device firewall
Built-in Firewall for Mac/Linux
Custom security settings
N/A
Periodic malware scanners
N/A
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Environment for malware testing
N/A
Browsers and extensions
Safari Browser 27.0: uBlock Origin Lite, Dark Reader.
Secure DNS
N/A
Desktop VPN
N/A
Password and passkey manager
RoboForm Subscription. Expires September 2034
Maintenance tools
N/A
File and photo backups
Backed Up on: Time Machine & External SSD
Subscriptions
    • Apple iCloud+ 200GB
System recovery
N/A
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Browsing the Internet without an ad-blocker
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Downloading files from unknown or untrusted sources
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
Computer specs
Mac Mini M4 2024
24 GB RAM
1 TB SSD
Satechi Stand & Hub with SSD Enclosure
Monitor: Acer - Predator XB273K, 4K, 27 inch.
Feedback preference

Suggestions on the main improvements

My son runs a fairly large company using mainly Apple, my daughter in law (a director in the company) recently bought a Mac Pro Laptop, it really is a thing of beauty & extremely powerful, rather expensive but very nice though! We have a Mac air the rest in the home are Windows bar for iPads/iPhones, my son shudders when I mention Microsoft Windows, despite them using Microsoft 365, now both my daughters both now use Apple laptops & iPhones/iPads, so it does seem to me things are moving towards Apple at least in my extended family :):)
 
I first started off running Windows 95 I believe in the 90's. My wife bought a used computer from the Thrift store.🤣 Then we replaced it with another new Windows computer. We bought several other Windows computers later. I decided to buy a 27 inch iMac 10 years ago and still have it. The iMac runs smooth but it's out of date to run the new OS. I had a choice of buying a new Windows or new Apple computer. I went with the Mac Mini. I feel Mac's are so much easier to do things with. All of our Windows computers are disassembled and HD's taken out. As of December 2025 I am Microsoft Free! :)
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

You may also like...

Continue exploring the conversation.

Back
Top