Not open for further replies.

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
Thanks for sharing :)
A separate data back is very important in order to avoid that serious problems on the OS, could cause data loss.
In my opinion system utilities such as ASC do not bring substantial advantages in terms of speed and potentially they can cause instability and problems.
Ccleaner is more than enough.

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I have nothing to add,other what bugcode already said,nice configuration:)
And then I like to see Bitdefender:D
I use Wise Care 365 Pro,and is very satisfied with this paticular softwareo_O

Reactions: aragornnnn

Arequire

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Feb 10, 2017
I'd put UAC on Always Notify, switch Bitdefender and Kaspersky scanner to HitmanPro (it uses Bitdefender, Kaspersky, Sophos and their own engine), add HTTPS Everywhere and Avira Browser Safety to Chrome. Also consider using an adblocker; uBlock Origin or Adguard are recommended and making backups of your most important data.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Last edited:

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Looks really good, I would add CCleaner for cleaning up leftover file junk. I highly recommend removing Advanced System Care as it can cause more harm than good. :)

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Hello, @pumax! Welcome to our awesome forums! :D

Your real-time security software looks good overall. No need changes or additions, in my opinion.

I'd pay attention to file (data) backups, though. Even simple copy & paste to external storage media (or a cloud service) is enough to protect them.

Do ensure that you have a system image at the ready, as well. That way, you can use the backup image, to restore your system to its exact state, as it was when you created the backup image. I'm sure you've already done this, I'm just making sure. :D

That would be all, buddy. You're all set. See you around! :p

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
First and foremost you need to consider some type of system & data backup solution.
I would consider some different on demand scanners such as Emsisoft Emergency Kit,Zeman Antimalware,ESET Online scaner to name a few.
I edited your config to reflect ASC as a system utility which is what it is.
Consider CCleaner over ASC as CCleaner is more than enough.
Apart from the lack of a backup solution your config is good.Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
As @DracusNarcrym explains, things worth realizing: a simple backup to external media can be lifesaving. You may either use cloud service to store or backup important folders.
You can add 2nd opinion scanners (HitmanPro, Zemana) as already mentioned; and addons like 'uBlock Origin' and 'HTTPS Everywhere' to browser. You're good to go then!

Winter Soldier

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 13, 2017
I had ASC for over 1 year and it didnt do any bad o_O
From Iobit I think Driver Booster is a good program to update drivers and Unistaller does a good job also.
Regarding Advanced System Care, it has many functions but it is very invasive and everything you can do with this program, you can make also from Windows if you know how to do it, then you must also consider that keep running in your PC a program like this, full of so many additional functions and tools, it can slow down your system, especially if you don't have a very fast PC.

Often it happens that a user install this program thinking that the PC will be faster, but it is not always so, indeed it may slow down because of RAM and CPU cycles consumption.

Finally, it is useful to consider possible problems to the system, in short "tewak-as-a-brick".

Reactions: Rengar
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.