PUP.Optional.Desk365.A Virus help needed

humblelearner

Thread author
Dec 1, 2013
I'm sorry I don't have specifics on when or exactly what is happening because this new Windows 8 machine scares me. I'd just shut the lid or turn it off. A few years ago I ran a cleaner program that deleted stuff from the registry and messed up my computer so bad I had to do a clean install. This machine doesn't have a DVD/CD burner/player, so I don't know how to get a back up of my computer OS incase it needs to be reinstalled. Sad, I know. If you can help me with that also, I'd be grateful. :)

P.S. I also attached another file called Extras that OTL left on my desktop along with the OTL file

Attachments

• OTL.Txt
    106.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Extras.Txt
    63.7 KB · Views: 98
  • aswMBR.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 65

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hi,

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

humblelearner

Thread author
Dec 1, 2013
TwinHeadedEagle said:
Hi,

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    44.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Addition.txt
    21.4 KB · Views: 257

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

Open FRST, and click Fix. Attach me that report after it is finished.

Attachments

• fixlist.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 68

humblelearner

Thread author
Dec 1, 2013
TwinHeadedEagle said:
Download attached fixlist.txt on the same location as FRST (otherwise the fix won't work)

Please forgive me. I'm sorry, I don't understand. I clicked on the fixlist.exe and it downloaded to a new tab. I closed it and right clicked on the fixlist and clicked "Save link as" and saved it to my desktop, as that is where I downloaded the FRST64.
I don't understand what I'm supposed to do at this point. Will you please give me more precise instructions?
Thank you so much for your help. I do appreciate you.

humblelearner

Thread author
Dec 1, 2013
TwinHeadedEagle said:

I hope I did it right. :)

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 53

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.