Always notify
Smart App Control
Network firewall
Real-time security
Microsoft Defender
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
About custom security
Windows hardened, encrypted with veracrypt (whirlpool, AES(Twofish(Serpent)), default firewall
Periodic malware scanners
1 weekly with Microsoft Defender
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Hardened Firewall,Hardened Pale Moon, Tor
Ublock Origin and decentraleyes
Secure DNS
NextDNS
Desktop VPN
VyprVPN
Password manager
KeePassXC
Maintenance tools
Once a month with default tools
File and Photo backup
Cloud Storage, Google Drive currently changing to ProtonDrive and all files I upload are encrypted with cryptomator
System recovery
Buckup made by default system tool and stored on an external hdd
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Gaming
Computer specs
CPU I5 11400
GPU GTX1660super
12gb ddr4 3200mhz
512gb ssd sata 1tb hdd
What I'm looking for?

Looking for medium feedback.

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
"Windows Hardened"

What do you mean by this? :unsure:
first thing that came to mind was windows hardening tool but not sure as i havent kept up to date with the tools that were popular around a year ago. Then again i could be wrong.

To op: have a question: how long it took you to fully setup your config? also you do pentesting in same system or separate system (non vm)?

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
first thing that came to mind was windows hardening tool but not sure as i havent kept up to date with the tools that were popular around a year ago. Then again i could be wrong.
Might be the tools of Andy like Simple Windows Hardening or Hard_Configurator which are pretty popular here on MT. Let's wait for his reply. (y)

purple.kitty

Thread author
Jun 14, 2022

To op: have a question: how long it took you to fully setup your config? also you do pentesting in same system or separate system (non vm)?
yeah I used Hard_Configurato and ConfigureDefender.
I did it during this month, but in total like 5 days? more or less I mean setting up the vms also(kali, arch, qubeos and another windows 10)

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
yeah I used Hard_Configurato and ConfigureDefender.
I did it during this month, but in total like 5 days? more or less I mean setting up the vms also(kali, arch, qubeos and another windows 10)
arch, i assume you are referring to BlackArch which is designed for pentesting. If you are however using vanilla Arch, then give BA a try.

Depending on your Linux knowledge, Pentoo is also recommended although not everyone is familiar enough with Gentoo to begin with.

Also Blackbox should be up your alley since it is based off Ubuntu.

Reactions: Kongo

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.