Advice Request Qihoo 360 Total Security Essential To The Rescue

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
I used this for years & never got infected. I then switched to Kaspersky Free Antivirus. Everything was fine for a few months when I noticed I was getting strange results from internet searches also defrag was not getting 100% defrag like usual. Ran Kaspersky & everything was fine & rootkit scans were fine as well. I exited Kaspersky & downloaded Qihoo 360 Total Security Essentials. It found the Rampant Critter really fast!!! Searches & Defrag are back to normal. I hope this helps someone who is infected. Quihoo Antivirus Products saved the day for me.:)

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
Hmm I think I might try Qihoo to see how it behaves on my system.

Why not try the non essentials version as it has the new KunPeng engine on board.

Trying it out on win 10 home and because of all the configurable settings, not to mention the lightness on the system, I think it`s a keeper ?

The name of the new engine I find reassuringly martial artsy.

Regards Eck:)

marg

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
May 26, 2014
Why not try the non essentials version as it has the new KunPeng engine on board.

Trying it out on Windows 10 home and because of all the configurable settings, not to mention the lightness on the system, I think it`s a keeper ?

The name of the new engine I find reassuringly martial artsy.

Regards Eck:)
Thanks for the info.! The KunPeng engine sounds interesting.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.