Qihoo360 is Ranked No.1 in Software Industry for Vulnerability Detection and Protection Capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Thats a good question but, 360 AV is not the only one thats free out there. I heard they make plenty of money off other things though.

Reactions: nissimezra

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Hey Terry!!! Don't know why but have failed to understand the concept of free AV. Why the hell in this selfish world would anyone offer us something for free. Still ?????

Nothing in life is free,but Qihoo make money smartly,but what kills me is some people,i don't hale for no country when it comes to av's i give big hales to the av that works,we live in times where as a man or a company makes progress & is new or considered a nobody people put more effort in tearing it down than building it up,check it out for yourself & see where i'm coming from,these are times of doom & dis-pear:(

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Avast for example, is far from a stripped down AV program IMO. They are currently having problems with their detections. I am sure Avast will soon fix the problem. 360 TS is in the top 8 for detections. I use 360 because it does a fine job for me at the moment.

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Avast for example, is far from a stripped down AV program IMO. They are currently having problems with their detections. I am sure Avast will soon fix the problem. 360 TS is in the top 8 for detections. I use 360 because it does a fine job for me at the moment.

Look nuff of these av's sat on their thrones for long periods did very little to help in the fight against infections,year in & year out all they gave is a facial upgrades & nuff useless features now somebody up d anti people complaining,you just can't plz people.
That is human nature:confused:

Edward ST

Level 3
Verified
Jan 16, 2013
1st observation: No antivirus is perfect.
2nd observation: Why Quihoo is better than Kaspersky and from when? That's weird.
3rd observation: If Quihoo has an engine from BitDefender, and nBD is "the most powerful antivirus in the world", why Quihoo is better than BD? (I know that Quihoo has 2 more engines, but is weird, in my opinion)
4th observation: Why in Conseic test, Kaspersky has the same detection as AVG? Is K so poor? I don't agree with

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Well done Qihoo! ;)

Hey Terry!!! Don't know why but have failed to understand the concept of free AV. Why the hell in this selfish world would anyone offer us something for free. Still ?????

I was wondering that by my self, till I read Qihoo gained money from search engine not from Av, probably like comodo giving their Av for free since they gained money from selling SSL or another products, apart from that..don't give them the idea :D :p

Look nuff of these av's sat on their thrones for long periods did very little to help in the fight against infections,year in & year out all they gave is a facial upgrades & nuff useless features now somebody up d anti people complaining,you just can't plz people.
That is human nature:confused:

That what I call a wisdom my friend, very wise! I too owe avast on 2008 for more than a year, it was my favorite Av, and the best thing is..it's free :D
You right..it's impossible to pleased everyone

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
this all sounds TOO GOOD to be true! ?-|
thats why i always said lets wait and see
the net these day working different, you don't need to sell the product all you need is to have a lot of people visiting your site, commoreshel, try to learn internet marketing and you'll see how the net work. sites are making millions just from people that visiting them.
thats the new world, whoever smart enough should take a part of the huge market

big free names that making billions yearly
facebook google waze

1st observation: No antivirus is perfect.

3rd observation: If Quihoo has an engine from BitDefender, and nBD is "the most powerful antivirus in the world", why

with
bitdefender is not good for everyone, for me i wouldnt install it for free, it has a lot of false positive, i'd rather have lower detection rate but without fals positive. for BD many clean files are viruses, come on who need this

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

Qihoo really needs some more time because it has bugs. I installed it and it made my left-click with the mouse to work like a right-click. Needed to use System Restore to return to a system restore point before the installation. Seems to have a really good protection though. I'll contact Qihoo and tell them about this. One day it will be a stable AV solution.

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
Qihoo really needs some more time because it has bugs. I installed it and it made my left-click with the mouse to work like a right-click. Needed to use System Restore to return to a system restore point before the installation. Seems to have a really good protection though. I'll contact Qihoo and tell them about this. One day it will be a stable AV solution.
did u install TS?
thx

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
I do kind of miss 360 IS as it gave more info in the logs than 360 TS does. I don't understand why Bitdefender is giving false positives as I am not getting any??? In AV Comparatives May 2014 it says zero false positives for Bitdefender.
i no longer believe these tests.
I installed the free one and it deleted many files, i was lucky to have backup
http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=17101

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=47724

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=43992

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.