Qihoo360 is Ranked No.1 in Software Industry for Vulnerability Detection and Protection Capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Yes it's best free AV in the market so why microsoft sign a deal with chinese AV qihoo.

1- you have to learn about Economy
2- you have to learn about business
3- you have to learn about Geopolitics
4- you have to learn about geostrategy

so with my awesome omnipotent knowledge, i will simply resume:

1- Microsoft always need cash and loosing the most wide market in the world is not permitted; Qihoo need a renown partner for enlarging its market shares and reputation (quite lowered by some internal affairs and scams).

2- Qihoo is the most proeminent and used software/tech company in China, and we can say , Chinese gov members are "affiliated" to it (not to say owning it), Apple products are quite popular in Asia, "its cool and modern to have them" so Microsoft needs to be there to rot the Apple market share then introduce its next line of tablets/smartphones.

3- China refused Windows 8 not because Win8 sucks but because they want something from Microsoft and the US government. By signing a deal , Microsoft is a medium for politics deals

4- The US government (and especially NSA and Big Brother) need Windows to be in every machine in China, (and especially in the administration) for future cyberwar.

Last edited by a moderator:

Koroke San

Level 29
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
1- you have to learn about Economy
2- you have to learn about business
3- you have to learn about Geopolitics
4- you have to learn about geostrategy

so with my awesome omnipotent knowledge, i will simply resume:

1- Microsoft always need cash and loosing the most wide market in the world is not permitted; Qihoo need a renown partner for enlarging its market shares and reputation (quite lowered by some internal affairs and scams).

2- Qihoo is the most proeminent and used software/tech company in China, and we can say , Chinese gov members are "affiliated" to it (not to say owning it), Apple products are quite popular in Asia, "its cool and modern to have them" so Microsoft needs to be there to rot the Apple market share then introduce its next line of tablets/smartphones.

3- China refused Windows 8 not because Win8 sucks but because they want something from Microsoft and the US government. By signing a deal , Microsoft is a medium for politics deals

4- The US government (and especially NSA and Big Brother) need Windows to be in every machine in China, (and especially in the administration) for future cyberwar.
whatever is the reason but still microsoft did deal with qihoo & i don't think china will allow microsoft on their motherland also they luv to use pirated one rather then buying original.

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Qihoo cloud scan engine is powerful. if u hover ur mouse in 360 cloud scan engine, u will notice it blocks more viruses compares to it's QVMII AI engine. Without it's 360 cloud engine it detection rate will decrease dramatically .

That's right, I still remember know about Qihoo from you my friend (thanks to you, never regret have it installed on my PC) I did noticed the cloud engine is powerful, it's more than enough for average user, but of course not for an happy clicker, in fact no Av product can save happy clickers :D When I disconnected from the internet the detection was decrease very dramatically, so I think the cloud engine is the most powerful engine on qihoo.

This is just a wild guess about 360 AV but, maybe the Cloud & QVM2 engine do all the work first. Then if something is found it unleashes Bitdefender & Avira? Just a guess.

I was wondering that by my self too, and yes I think so.

Reactions: Koroke San and marg
F

ForgottenSeer 19494

Do you have bugs with Qihoo TS? After install left click works as a right click and i can't type anything with the keyboard.

Reactions: Littlebits and marg

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Do you have bugs with Qihoo TS? After install left click works as a right click and i can't type anything with the keyboard.
Absolutely no problem on my win 7 machine!!! Are you running win 8 by chance? Did you download it from 360 safe com????

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
OK... Thank You! I have no experience on win 8. The first thing I would do is remove & reinstall it IMO. It should not mess your keyboard & mouse up IMO. Maybe try 360 IS instead???

Last edited:

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
360 HIPS
360 HIPS adopts a proactive defense technology that focuses on monitoring behaviors and actions performed by malware rather than its programming code signature or digital fingerprint. Generally, even if malware evades detection by our cloud-based security and QVM technologies, it must still perform certain actions to achieve its creator's intentions, such as modifying system settings and accessing confidential information. 360 HIPS proactive defense technology monitors a computer's running processes during procedures such as web browsing, downloading, software installation and data transmission and assesses these actions based on a pre-determined algorithm. If a process is deemed to be dangerous, the user is notified and information relating to that process is transmitted to our central servers for further processing. This proactive defense technology takes advantage of the collective intelligence and processing power of our cloud architecture to accurately and efficiently determine whether an action performed by a program is malicious.
QVM
QVM is our proprietary technology that detects malware through an artificial-intelligence algorithm capable of machine learning to recognize new forms of malware. QVM technology offers a robust model for recognizing malware characteristics using the massive amount of data that we have compiled on confirmed malware in our blacklist and verified safe programs files in our whitelist. This model is used as a basis for a detection algorithm which is automatically enhanced and updated with new malware samples submitted by our users to our servers.

Program files that do not appear in our blacklist and whitelist are scanned using QVM, and any ''hits'' returned by this technology are presumed to be malicious and removed or quarantined. As malware is constantly being created or morphing, QVM has the advantage of being able to detect threats that have not been previously identified. According to PC Security Labs, an independent security product test organization, QVM has a detection rate of 74.9% for unknown new malware, which surpasses most heuristic detection technologies.
System Performance Optimizing and Power Saving Technologies
Our system performance optimization technology assists our users to optimize the system settings and improve the system performance of their computers. It manages hard drive, desktop, documents, Internet browsing and security settings to reduce system start-up time and increase operating speed. It also cleans the registry, recycle bin, Internet access history and system patch files, improves hard drive performance through testing and defragmentation and automatically updates and backs up system files.

Our hardware diagnosis and power saving technology effectively diagnoses hardware status, saves power, prevents hardware malfunctions and prolongs the battery life of a computer by closely monitoring its power consumption and the temperature of its key components. This technology can be used on desktop, notebook and other personal computers.
http://corp.360.cn/ot/360hips.html :):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
there will be no eset, kaspersky, norton at least not paid in the future china will take full control of this market the same as electronic, cars etc

I sure hope not!

bitdefender is not good for everyone, for me i wouldnt install it for free, it has a lot of false positive, i'd rather have lower detection rate but without fals positive. for BD many clean files are viruses, come on who need this

I agree. I resent the time-loss inflicted by false positives. Security companies, if you're listening, I won't buy your product if it's false positive-prone!

Reactions: Littlebits

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
Quite a few antivirus programs use Bitdefender without a problem that I am aware of. Also. if 360 AV puts something in quarantine, you have the option of restoring it. I just can't figure out what is going on really. Since I have installed 360 TS my computer has been running great without any problems. Everyone has a choice of which AV they want to use though. You can always use Microsoft Security Essentials if your really worried about false positives & all I can say is Good Luck...!

Last edited:

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Quite a few antivirus programs use Bitdefender without a problem that I am aware of.

I believe the people who testify of numerous false positives with Bitdefender. It is also true that when I trialed Advanced System Care Ultimate, which uses the Bitdefender engine, I didn't have any false positives. So I've suggested maybe Bitdefender behaves better under other people's auspices.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Sometimes I think they leave the false positive detections to make users think that they have infections to promote sales.
Yes, and I have long held this suspicion concerning the security industry as a whole. I suspect now that many of the "infections" I allowed to be removed when I was a less savvy user were mere false positives. I suspect many companies are trying to wow uninformed users with lots of detections. If I ever use avast! again, I will follow the suggestion of one of the members here to turn off PUPs detection.

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
I believe the people who testify of numerous false positives with Bitdefender. It is also true that when I trialed Advanced System Care Ultimate, which uses the Bitdefender engine, I didn't have any false positives. So I've suggested maybe Bitdefender behaves better under other people's auspices.

Indeed, I totally agree with you, according my experience..when I'm using Av that using BD's engine it doesn't find any FP's, but oddly enough when I'm using BD's Av it self I found one FP. This make me wonder..from my opinion..I think BD's engine it's pretty good since in fact many AV's vendor using it..but somehow the software it self (BD AV) is buggy? I hope they fix it on 2015 version though :)

Windows 8.1 64 bit with update 1 installed here. I downloaded from here: http://360safe.com/totalsecurity.html
Then avtivated all engines and installed their patches. Windows Update says no patches are available and it's downloading them automatically.

If I understand you correctly, the problem was appeared after you use this "Patch" feature on 360 TS right? if so..I'd suggest try 360 IS instead since it's more mature and stable. My experience with this "Patch" feature was...my windows is up to date (the important not the optional one) when I scanned it with this "patch" feature it was detected some vulnerabilty patch, so I try to patched it (I created a system snapshot before in case it would messed up my system) after I patched it, my windows update was messed up, saying I never updated it before, but after I re-scan it...everything backs to normal, not sure what happened then I just roll back to my previous state before. I guess this "patch" feature is still on beta or something.

Last edited:

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I think what gives BD too many false positives is the Active Virus Control and/or its Intrusion Detection System. I believe they're not part of AV softwares that use BD engine.
Unless, these false positives come from BD's detection signatures.

F

ForgottenSeer 19494

I think what gives BD too many false positives is the Active Virus Control and/or its Intrusion Detection System. I believe they're not part of AV softwares that use BD engine.
Unless, these false positives come from BD's detection signatures.

I've used Bitdefender IS for more than 2 years with AVC and Intrusion detection system on high. I got only 1 false positive but believe me, it was really a suspicious program.:rolleyes:

I'll try Qihoo TS again. Yes, the FP was "caught" by Active Virus Control, not by the definitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.