Question about Kaspersky Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishaddesilva

Level 3
Thread author
Aug 26, 2012
I'd like to try KIS. I want to know about its features and how it's better that Avast and ESET. Also does it create too many popups when in Interactive mode? Thanks in advance.

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
The only way to find out is to go and try it. Personally, I don't get many popups, only if I am installing certan software which contain drivers etc.
In terms of features, KIS has a multi layered approach for combating malware.
With regards to ram usage, KIS uses more than Avast and Eset.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
In terms of the value for the AV/Suite you're using, Kaspersky and ESET are top.

Kaspersky's Automatics Exploit Prevention(PDF) is similar to EMET for Windows.
Also how to configure: http://support.kaspersky.co.uk/9777

ESET's Exploit Blocker along with it's Advanced Memory Scanner.

Avast has a Software Updater, however the automatic version is only in the Premier version. Yes, Internet Security suite users lose out. The AV is standard through Avast Free, Pro, Suite, Premier. Except the where the Manual Sandbox and SafeZone are not included in the Free version.

Usability varies on different systems, so it up to you to try the software for yourself.

Not sure if this has helped, but for a free product, avast is excellent, but that's it. Nothing more.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Like I said, you'll have to try it. Main reason being your computer usage would be different to others, in other words, only you can answer your question. :D

Here's an example of Interactive Mode:
http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,3253,l=315137&a=315137&po=7,00.asp
In its default non-interactive mode, Kaspersky simply and silently blocks the sneaky tricks used by leak test utilities to evade program control. You'll only see detailed messages like this one if you put it into interactive mode.

I haven't used either products you've mentioned with those settings, so I cannot comment further.

ZeroDay

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2013
I would definitely give it a try. Kaspersky's application control set to block all unknown files is a powerful feature. Their firewall is also solid. If you're thinking about paying for protection I think Kaspersky is worth every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.