Question Question Fileless Malware and KFree

Kaspersky
7 Replies 1,057 Views
Help answer the author's question with clear explanations and useful steps.

classicaran

Level 2
Does Kaspersky Free antivirus, as of 2024, have any protection against Fileless Malware, or are they completely undetectable by real-time protection and complete scan?
 
I saw a video about Fileless Malware and they said it was a new type of malware that's difficult for any antivirus to detect because it operates in RAM and doesn't leave any file traces in Windows 10. So I wondered if Kaspersky Free, from 2024 or 2025 onwards, can block and remove this type of malware.
 
I saw a video about Fileless Malware and they said it was a new type of malware that's difficult for any antivirus to detect because it operates in RAM and doesn't leave any file traces in Windows 10. So I wondered if Kaspersky Free, from 2024 or 2025 onwards, can block and remove this type of malware.
"new type of malware" - not really, it's not new, it's been going on for a while

"it's difficult to detect" - don't let them decieve you, it may be a bit harder than regular malware, but modern security products detect fileless malware using components such as Behaviour Blocker, Memory Scanning, Script Scanning, and even using AMSI.

"doesn't leave any traces" - they do actually! Just not file -based ones. Memory, logs, PowerShell execution history, network traffic, and process behavior all reveal it.
 
I saw a video about Fileless Malware and they said it was a new type of malware that's difficult for any antivirus to detect because it operates in RAM and doesn't leave any file traces in Windows 10. So I wondered if Kaspersky Free, from 2024 or 2025 onwards, can block and remove this type of malware.
Few fileless malware pieces can evade detection; to safeguard, use WHHL with your AV.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top