Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
did you tweak you security using syshardener?
here is my tweak
1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG4.PNG5.PNG6.PNG7.PNG8.PNG9.PNG

so far, nothing could bypass avast+syshardener in my hub test
https://malwaretips.com/threads/avast-free-syshardener-report-july-2018.84998/

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
No but can I just remove SysHardener and its reverted to the Default Windows Settings?

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Updated: 17 ' 07 ' 2018
Added Geek Uninstaller
Added UltraDefrag Portable
Added Privacy Eraser Portable
Added Glary Utilities Portable Pro
Added Wise Disk Cleaner Portable Pro

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Updated: 18 ' 07 ' 2018
Removed Glary Utilities Portable
Removed UltraDefrag Portable
Removed Privacy Eraser Portable
Removed Wise Disk Cleaner Portable

Added Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro
Added CCleaner Slim Professional Plus
Added CMClean (x64)

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Updated: 19' 07' 2018
Added JustBlock Security
Added TunnelBear Blocker
Added Cookie AutoDelete
Added Auto History Wipe
Added CSS Exfil Protection
Added Avast Online Security
Added Panda Safe Web
Added IObit Surfing Protection & Ads Removal
Added Internet Speed Booster - Browse like a rocket
Added VTchromizer

I

illumination

Updated: 19' 07' 2018
Added JustBlock Security
Added TunnelBear Blocker
Added Cookie AutoDelete
Added Auto History Wipe
Added CSS Exfil Protection
Added Avast Online Security
Added Panda Safe Web
Added IObit Surfing Protection & Ads Removal
Added Internet Speed Booster - Browse like a rocket
Added VTchromizer
A heads up...

The more you add to your system, the larger the attack surface, the chances of bugs/issues increase, and performance issues may occur.

May i suggest Ublock and Vtchromizer combo, and ditch the rest.

show-Zi

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 28, 2018
Even with medicines that are said to have a high effect, ingesting in large quantities is rather dangerous. It is also effective not to use things with duplicated functions by carefully selecting add - ons and software.

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Ok Finally:
VTChromizer
uBlock Origin
JustBlock Security
Tunnelbear Blocker
Avast Online Security
Internet Speed Booster - Browse like a Rocket
Cookie AutoDelete
Auto History Wipe
CSS Exfil Protection

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Regards with Avast Online Security, I believe Norton Safe Search, WDBP, Malwarebytes Browser Extension or Avira Browser Safety are better options. Internet Speed Booster may or may not do as it state. The rest aren't too bad.

~LDogg

Reactions: Question
I

illumination

May i leave a read and suggestion instead of placing more and more software on your machine...

Illuminations recommendation on Safe surfing Habits...

-Knowledge: This should be the base of any good security configuration. Learning safer habits and utilizing your security as a "just in case" instead of trying to use many layers of applications to make up for lack of understanding.

-This should include the following aspects.

1. Be leery of clicking links especially in email or instant messages. Verify URL's, not only by manually looking at them, but also running them through URL scanners such as the one at Virus Total. If you are unsure still, the best course of action is to not click that link.

Bookmark important sites: A misspelled address could take you to a false site that mirrors the site you intended to go to. A book marked address will take you to the same site every time.

Passwords: In general you would be better off utilizing one of the many password managers, but as it often sometimes is, most average users do not, or can not, so keep this little bit of information in mind if this is the case.

Do not use the same password for all sites, if you are limited on what you can remember then please make sure to be careful and not use the same password for any of the sites you frequent as the ones you use for your email. If the site is to be breached, you would not want them to gain access to your email via same used passwords. Passwords should be strong, hard to guess or crack, password managers all have generators built in for building and storing strong passwords.

2. Updates/Patches:

Run maintenance on your system as you would a vehicle, consider it preventive maintenance. Always make sure to keep your system and applications patched. These patches and updates are for a good reason, they are plugging holes in your surface of attack. While i recommend keeping patched always, i would also state to do your research on certain updates for the OS/drivers/applications before applying, make sure there is not a fresh set of new bugs to contend with that are worse then what they are patching, this happens more often then most realize.

If you limit the amount of 3rd party applications on your system, you also limit the time doing maintenance, you limit the amount of freshly introduced bugs, and you keep your surface of attack smaller, and in the end, your machine will thank you for it by running better and being more enjoyable.

3. Back ups:

This is more important then security. No security out there can achieve 100% protection, if they could, they would already have a monopoly on the market and would have run all others out of business. Prepare for the worst, strive for the best.

Personal items are of the utmost important files on your system, once lost, they can not be replaced. Backing up externally or into the cloud "both recommended by me", so as to ensure you always have a copy of it obtainable. If something were to happen, you lose nothing this way, and can start freshly if needed.

Using images to create snapshots of your system works well for those who neither have the knowledge or time to repair/wipe a system. Windows has a built in option, although there are 3rd party options. It is a good idea also to keep on hand Microsofts media creation tool burnt to a flash drive, updated when needed. With this you can run repairs or wipe the system and build it from a clean install, which after a nasty infection, is always recommended to ensure you have eradicated the issue.

4. Security:

It has always been recommended for users to try applications for themselves. These products all have trials "most of them anyway", for this very reason. Test drive them for a couple weeks, does it fit your uses, is it running ok on your system and resources, are you comfortable with the settings and layout to get around and adjust it as necessary.

Learning the product is recommended here. Most throw them on with default settings and never venture in to settings to realize there is much more then meets the eye. Google search is handy for learning these, as are the manuals most of the products companies produce and are freely accessible. Watching youtube videos of a product will not help you decide what is best for you. You need to experience the product and settings to fully grasp it.

Understand you are a home user, and you are not targeted like corporations and businesses. The chances of you seeing sophisticated attacks and malware on that level are quite slim. There is no need for paranoia when you cover your basics, keep everything patched, backed up, use caution/safe habits when surfing.

Be careful what you divulge to websites "personal information", these as seen in the news are not as secure as they should be, once your information is in someone else's hands, anything can happen to it.

Know that the more security you pile on your system, the chances of incompatibilities/bugs arise and issues may occur. Finding a proper balance of application to knowledge ratio is fully recommended.

~illumination

Last edited by a moderator:

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Updated: 29' 07' 2018
Removed NepTune SystemCare Ultimate

'Browser Update
Added J2TEAM Security
Added AdBlock Plus
Added WOT: Web of Trust
Added Adaware Web Protection
Added Cookie Auto Delete
Added Porsche Wallpaper HD Cars New Tab Themes

Removed Auto History Wipe
Removed Cookie AutoDelete

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
Updated: 29' 07' 2018
Removed NepTune SystemCare Ultimate

'Browser Update
Added J2TEAM Security
Added AdBlock Plus
Added WOT: Web of Trust
Added Adaware Web Protection
Added Cookie Auto Delete
Added Porsche Wallpaper HD Cars New Tab Themes

Removed Auto History Wipe
Removed Cookie AutoDelete

With the above I believe you have definitely removed the incorrect extensions, Cookie AutoDelete is great when you close a tab it gets rid of the cookies with the Autodelete feature or on browser exist.

AdBlock Plus has privacy invasive policies in place last time I heard about it, heavy on CPU compared to uBlock or Nano, uBlock/Nano are better over all, plus filter lists can be added easily.

WOT is an extension that's privacy invasion, doesn't also serve to use as an extension within 2018, site ratings do not help a user very much plus ratings could make a infected website look ok, when it's not.

Malwarebytes Browser Extension would be a better overall alternative to Adaware Web Protection.

J2Team Security isn't an extension I've tested or seen so I'll look further into it and see if this works.

~LDogg

Question

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Jun 22, 2018
Hi everyone!
Just added:
Avira Browser Safety
Canvas Defender
VTChromizer
OneTab
h264ify & Decentraleyes

Software:
Added Hitman.Pro

But should I remove CCleaner & add Privazy Eraser?

Have a nice Weekend everyone!

slash/

Level 6
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
But should I remove CCleaner & add Privazy Eraser?
Go with your personal preference. Privacy Eraser doesn't have an official portable version, but is a good option. I like CCleaner Portable, which doesn't connect out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.