App Review QuickHeal Total Security

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Content created by
Shadowra

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
QuickHeal is an Indian company that competes with its colleague, K7 Computer.

QuickHeal has been offering anti-malware solutions to help protect Internet users for many years.
Despite its lofty ambitions and a complete overhaul, QuickHeal will not be able to stay the course....

Interface: 10/10

Change at last!
QuickHeal abandons its austere green interface for a more modern, novice-friendly one.

RAM consumption has also improved, making it a relatively pleasant product to use.

Protection:10/10 Web / Fake crack 1/1 Malware Pack : Remaining 48 out of 534 - Very infected !!

For Web protection, QuickHeal perfectly protected the system.
Even though its Web shield missed 2 links, QuickHeal managed to intercept them.

Unfortunately, it's an icy shower for the pack!
After a very long analysis (around 25 minutes! ), QuickHeal failed to detect several threats.
During execution, QuickHeal tries to defend itself, even blocking a few C&C server domains, but given the rapid rate of infection, QuickHeal finds itself overwhelmed and can no longer defend itself, leaving the machine at the mercy of cyber-criminals.

Result :
QuickHeal : 0
NPE : 11
KVRT : 10
Emsisoft : 2

Recommand : No
System Clean : Very infected

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Thanks for the video, love the music choice 👍

1699796133244.png

You mean to say there are good Viruses as well 🤔

Edit: *es

Last edited:

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
, but given the rapid rate of infection, QuickHeal finds itself overwhelmed and can no longer defend itself,

Hi Shadowra,

How fast are you executing the remaining 48 malware QuickHeal failed to "Repair" (Quarantine?)? Sorry I can't really tell because of the accelerated speed of the video. Is this maybe also a failure of the product to handle several malware being executed in rapid-fire fashion, as well as it's failure to detect those 40+ malware in the first place? I ask because you mentioned it tried to defend itself, but essentially it looks like it caved under the enormous pressure of so many malware being launched in what appears to be quick succession.

Anthony Qian

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Apr 17, 2021
According to avlab.. Quick Heal is excellent..

When you see that almost all antivirus software has a 100% protection rate in an antivirus software review, it means that this review has low reference value. If this happens in an AV-C/AV-Test review, it's likely that forum members will mock it extensively :unsure:.

Shadowra

Level 34
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
Hi Shadowra,

How fast are you executing the remaining 48 malware QuickHeal failed to "Repair" (Quarantine?)? Sorry I can't really tell because of the accelerated speed of the video. Is this maybe also a failure of the product to handle several malware being executed in rapid-fire fashion, as well as it's failure to detect those 40+ malware in the first place? I ask because you mentioned it tried to defend itself, but essentially it looks like it caved under the enormous pressure of so many malware being launched in what appears to be quick succession.
Hello :)

I wait about 30 seconds to 1 minute before mounting another piece of malware, to give the antivirus protection time to defend itself.

The acceleration is done while the video is being edited to liven it up with the effects and music I use :)

Harputlu

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Dec 26, 2016
After a while, you will see the equally ridiculous BKAV (I lent Shadowra a key).
They have strong ML on VirusTotal, but when it comes to actual products, there is nothing.
I wanted to buy the program because I was curious about it, but it is not available outside Vietnam.. Can you recommend an online store where I can buy the product key online?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.