EaseUs

rainspell

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 18, 2018
Hi to all,

here is my current setup.
I found it light and I hope effective. Very surprised by Gdata, which is lighter on my SSD than Eset...

I don't see actually what I could change or add. Allways asking me if i would pay a licence for BlackFog privacy. Not sure it add really something...

Backups : EaseUs.

Best regards,
rainspell

PS. Hi Harlan, I don't know ho to edit my setup...

Last edited:

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
What system image backup software you're using?
How did you get infected in the past 3 months? Was your setup different than this back then?
Great config. Thanks for sharing!

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@rainspell: please specify Data BackUp Software. Also add a system Image BackUp solution: Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI Backupper are free and reliable.

As on demand scanners I would add ZAM Free and Norton Power Eraser.

I guess You mean here 309: OS Build:16299.09

Thanks for sharing You config :)

Last edited:

rainspell

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 18, 2018
you don't need Blackfrog if you're using AdGuard, also i'm not fan of Blackfrog at all, looks fishy.
rest is fine.
You are probably right ;-)
What I found useful with BlackFog is the fact it give some informations but like Heimdall I allways asked me if it was really necessary... I found it expensive too and not sure about the developpement of BFP in the near future.
I am sure Adguard or Appguard, who are well implanted, will continue to grow in the future.

I am asking me if with uBlock and uMatrix, and Adguard too, it isn't overkill ? uMatrix, like noscript, may be annoying when you have Captcha to fill in...

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
You are probably right ;-)
What I found useful with BlackFog is the fact it give some informations but like Heimdall I allways asked me if it was really necessary... I found it expensive too and not sure about the developpement of BFP in the near future.
I am sure Adguard or Appguard, who are well implanted, will continue to grow in the future.

I am asking me if with uBlock and uMatrix, and Adguard too, it isn't overkill ? uMatrix, like noscript, may be annoying when you have Captcha to fill in...
Using adguard desktop and ublock origin together might be overkill. But I'm using the same combo myself without issues :p:LOL:

rainspell

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 18, 2018
What system image backup software you're using?
How did you get infected in the past 3 months? Was your setup different than this back then?
Great config. Thanks for sharing!

Hi,
I was using Acronis but I found it very heavy and I prefer go with EaseUS.

How did you get infected in the past 3 months?

I may have made a mistake : last time I was infected, it was 3 years ago and I was using KIS, Hitmanpro alert and Appguard. It may have been a 0day I Download with a pdf... It was detected but too late and one of my computer on Win10 didn't boot anymore.

@rainspell: please specify Data BackUp Software. Also add a system Image BackUp solution: Macrium Reflect Free or AOMEI Backupper are free and reliable.

As on demand scanners I would add ZAM Free and Norton Power Eraser.

I guess You mean here 309: OS Build:16299.09

Thanks for sharing You config :)

HI Harlan,
ZAM is IMHO an abandonware... I prefer HMP, which is not in real-time.
I use NPE, from time to time.

Thanks for all your remarks :)
Have a good day,
rainspell

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I think ZAM is still valid for on demand scans, since it's a cloud multi-engine and still active and working :)

Please kindly edit Your config to add Your Image System Back and others on demand tools fields, thanks :)

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Think about removing Avira Browser Safety, because it may overlap with AdGuard. Avira is partnered with AdGuard, and their adblocking technology and especially their blocking lists are fully integrated into browser extensions. Avira Browser Safety extensions leveled up – we’re adding a free adblocker - Avira Blog
well from @Evjl's Rain 's tests they don't overlap(Poll - Browser extension comparison: malwares and phishings)
i'm not a fan of ZAM either, from Turkey, abandoned, and has "worse" engines compared to HMP.

Reactions: ZeroDay

rainspell

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 18, 2018
Think about removing Avira Browser Safety, because it may overlap with AdGuard. Avira is partnered with AdGuard, and their adblocking technology and especially their blocking lists are fully integrated into browser extensions. Avira Browser Safety extensions leveled up – we’re adding a free adblocker - Avira Blog

Hi,
I was thinking Avira browser safety had their own list...
Perhaps, going with nortonsafe or trafficlight could be a good idea.

PS. Harlan, I tried to edit my setup but don't know exactly how to do this...

Reactions: harlan4096
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Hi,

Imo you'd be enough with G Data's web protection, it's well aggresive if combined with some of the AdGuard antimalware lists. But yeah, it's up to you in what environment you work in and what websites you visit. :giggle:

You can edit via hiting "Thread Tools" at top right of your post and select "Edit Thread Fields"

Last edited by a moderator:

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
Hi,

you need protection from malware links/phishing, so you have to choose from one that is excelling in these.
trafficlight is bad imo, i would go with either Avira or Norton extension, or both if you're as crazy as I'm.

ps: GData already kinda covers it tho.

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
ZAM is still good to clean-up systems and against adware/pup/pua... the matter is to have the greatest number of cloud engines available to cover detections, I know HMP has own engine + Kaspersky + BitDefender :)

Reactions: frogboy and mekelek

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016

Hi,

simply disable all adblocking options in avira browser safety and they won't conflict
avira uses adguard's english filter for adblocking so they will conflict if both are enabled
1.PNG

you can add norton safe web. I'm using avira, ublock, norton for years. I don't have any problem

rainspell

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 18, 2018
HI Harlan

Thx for the tips. I just edit my current setup ;-)

Thx Evjl's Rain, I disable adblocking in Avira, so conflicts may be avoided ;)

I have a licence for Voodooshield too but I think it may be definitively overkill with the BB of Gdata... And VS is allways slowing a little my surfing:cry: I have try a a lot of softwares since years but nowadays I prefer "simplicity" (less soft running in real time) and not too many changes.
I say that but I regret some parts of Eset who has protected me for years.

I abandoned too OsArmor coz I notice what may be overlap with Appguard, and AG nerver really fails me:)

Reactions: harlan4096

mekelek

Level 28
Verified
Well-known
Feb 24, 2017
HI Harlan

Thx for the tips. I just edit my current setup ;-)

Thx Evjl's Rain, I disable adblocking in Avira, so conflicts may be avoided ;)

I have a licence for Voodooshield too but I think it may be definitively overkill with the BB of Gdata... And VS is allways slowing a little my surfing:cry: I have try a a lot of softwares since years but nowadays I prefer "simplicity" (less soft running in real time) and not too many changes.
I say that but I regret some parts of Eset who has protected me for years.

I abandoned too OsArmor coz I notice what may be overlap with Appguard, and AG nerver really fails me:)
when was the last time you tried VS? the latest 4.22 is really good performance wise, i'm using it with GData.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.