Ranget Offline setup

ranget

Thread author
Dec 8, 2011
i like this setup very easy to use

i was wondering what security software i should use for offline Machine ??

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
RE: Ranget Config

On your setup its a solid configuration there. What are your addons for Firefox?

And also what is your purpose of using the offline machine?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Is this a different PC to this one?
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Ranget-Currnet-Setup-12-9

If offline, then I would consider Windows hardening such as, Standard User Account, disable Auto-Play etc.
Sandbox everything that comes from an external medium, ie. USB drives, with SBIE.

If you don't need Windows-specific software, why not try Linux instead?

What's the need for a web browser or Kaspersky? Both will become out-dated in a matter of weeks, that includes KIS2012's definition files.

ranget

Thread author
Dec 8, 2011

this is an offline machine i rarely use the internet

Running Kaspersky Trail
i will change it when things settel down to Avast Free

this sandboxie is free Version
using the Browser to Get my software till settling down you know

i use this machine for everything Gaming , photo editing , practicly everything except the internet stuff

i will use sumo to know what software are on the Machine and i will try updating them Offline by USB drives

as for LUA think it will just Slow me Down i Don't Like Running Under Limited user
Nor HIPS like comodo i need it to be a very very non naggy setup

Using HitmanPro early warning scoring + MBAM offline updated i will add SAS and DRweb cureit from time to time

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
90% of most threats came from web so good for you, well just don't accept other USB's that came from other source.

Disable the autorun for USB's and other removable device is fine.

ranget

Thread author
Dec 8, 2011
well there is something i learned

" i don't have to Connect all of my computers to Internet "
well that's for the Time Being i think Software Maker Don't like that and they are trying to make me
Connect all of my machine Not all program can run Offline
Such as MSE it need to be connected to the internet at least one time before it can be used
even that it has offline Updates !!!

anyway same goes for microsoft Visual Studio :mad: and emisoft product :mad:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.