Advanced Plus Security Ranking4029's PC Security Config

Original forum configuration · expand details
Last updated
Mar 13, 2024
Main use of this computer
For home and private use
Operating system
macOS 15 Sequoia
On-device encryption
Windows BitLocker / Device Encryption
Device sign-in security
    • Windows Hello PIN or biometric sign-in (face / fingerprint / Touch ID)
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
Update channels
Allow stable updates only
User Account Control (UAC)
Always notify
Smart App Control
Off
Network firewall
Enabled
Real-time protection
Kaspersky Standard
Device firewall
Other - Internet Security (3rd-party)
Custom security settings
Using Roboman's Light and Secure Config with my only tweaks being:
Disabled Network Access for all groups except Trusted
Trust Group for applications before startup of Kaspersky: Untrusted
And I also manually move apps I trust into Low Restricted group instead of trusted category as Roboman originally suggests.
Periodic malware scanners
AdwCleaner
Malware sample testing
I participate in malware testing; details below
Environment for malware testing
I sometimes download malware samples that I know for a fact are malware just for the heck of it and because I know it can't do anything because K puts it in the untrusted group ASAP.
One thing I have noticed is that Kaspersky in default settings struggles with JS malwares, not detecting them at all.
Browsers and extensions
Adguard Desktop
Google Chrome
Mozilla Firefox
Tor Browser
Secure DNS
Desktop VPN
Mullvad VPN
Password and passkey manager
Bitwarden
KeePassXC
Maintenance tools
Bleachbit
Revo Uninstaller Pro
File and photo backups
Google Drive with Cryptomator
Microsoft OneDrive
Subscriptions
    • Google One Standard 200GB
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Server Plus
Usage and exposure
    • Visiting familiar websites
    • Visiting unknown or untrusted websites
    • Browsing the dark web
    • Working from home
    • Making audio/video calls
    • Opening email attachments
    • Online shopping and card payments
    • Downloading software and files from reputable sites
    • Downloading files from unknown or untrusted sources
    • Sharing and receiving files and torrents
    • Gaming
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
    • Streaming from untrusted sites
    • Downloading malware samples
Computer specs
Lenovo IdeaPad
Intel Core i5 10210U
Intel UHD Graphics
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1330MHz
476GB UMIS RPITJ512PED2OWX SSD
Notable changes
Changed Secure DNS from NextDNS with configs from yokoffing to RethinkDNS HaGeZi Normal + TIF
Changed AV from ESET IS to Kaspersky Standard.

Updated to reflect the fact that I am now using Roboman's config for Kaspersky Standard.

Changed UAC to Always Notify
Feedback preference

Detailed suggestions and alternatives welcome

Ranking4029

New Member
Your setup seems well-configured for privacy and security, especially with the use of Whonix on VirtualBox and BitLocker PIN for full disk encryption. Just ensure to keep all your software updated for optimal security.
 
Your setup seems well-optimized for privacy and security. Using Whonix on VirtualBox for serious Dark Web usage is a good practice. BitLocker PIN before booting adds an extra layer of security. Keep your software updated for maximum protection.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top