Ransomware protection test

virustesting

Thread author
Feb 5, 2020
Hello guys,
I made some tweaks in my lab infrastructure, everything is snapshotted and backed up. I want to try to run on it some latest ransomware (encrypting files). I have found things like Ryuk, WannaCry, etc. but those ones are old and Windows Defender easily blocks them... Can you help me find out something more spicy and up to date? :)

I found a sample area on malware tips, but I did not absolutely get how it works as it seems that multiple people run some tests upon something, but I can't even find out where to download that something...

Thanks.

koloveli

Level 4
Well-known
Sep 13, 2012
Hello guys,
I made some tweaks in my lab infrastructure, everything is snapshotted and backed up. I want to try to run on it some latest ransomware (encrypting files). I have found things like Ryuk, WannaCry, etc. but those ones are old and Windows Defender easily blocks them... Can you help me find out something more spicy and up to date? :)

I found a sample area on malware tips, but I did not absolutely get how it works as it seems that multiple people run some tests upon something, but I can't even find out where to download that something...

Thanks.
Ransomwares bypass, only if you explore trusted apps like cmd, powershell, system apps ... allowed by protection software. for exemple, trojancrypt > explorer.exe = trojancrypt> dllhost = trojancrypt>rundll32 = trojancrypt>cmd or powershell = trojancrypt>svchost... (this type of exploitation has not been corrected until today )

virustesting

Thread author
Feb 5, 2020
Ugh, guys that did not help at all... I am just asking you how can I download the samples to run them in my virtual environment... as I don't see any download button for malware anywhere lol :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.