Happy to share my security configuration.
Open MalwareTips from your Home Screen or desktop. Follow discussions, find answers and pick up where you left off.
If you cannot find an install option, update your browser or use its bookmark option to keep MalwareTips close.
Installation is optional. Your notification settings stay under your control.
Hopefully in Edge 97 scheduled for the week of 06-Jan-2022 Automatic HTTPS will be default.@razorfancy:
Windows UAC -> Set to Always Notify.
Network firewall -> You may check in Your router if it has integrated FireWall.
External HDD -> You may also try backup cloud services.
Also, I don't use Edge as my main browser, but I guess HTTPS Everywhere add-on is not needed anymore
Thanks for sharing![]()
I wouldn't bother with a machine this old just for a bit more speed.So considering my pc age, the risk of me messing up things and the cost of the caddy + SSD have, I would like to know your guys opinion about if I should do this upgrade or not.
Thx for giving your opinion.I wouldn't bother with a machine this old just for a bit more speed.
I don' 't want you to break anything, but I would do it. After a clean install of Windows on your new SSD and your data on your HDD you will notice a speed increase. Windows 10 and 11 are made for a SSD.Thx for giving your opinion.
@Gandalf_The_Grey could you give me your opinion about adding SSD or not, I would like to know your opinion because you have a laptop with similar age and CPU
There is one more thing I would like to mention, I dont plan to get a new pc until this pc I current have stops working.
Thx for giving your opinion.I don' 't want you to break anything, but I would do it. After a clean install of Windows on your new SSD and your data on your HDD you will notice a speed increase. Windows 10 and 11 are made for a SSD.
I saw this today and it got me thinking ...I don' 't want you to break anything, but I would do it. After a clean install of Windows on your new SSD and your data on your HDD you will notice a speed increase. Windows 10 and 11 are made for a SSD.
Before you know it, Windows 11 22H2 will be hereAs an aside, these days I do not recommend anyone purchasing or using a system without an SSD drive as your boot drive. Anyone with older hard drives will find that their system is getting slower and slower, with sub-par performance.
I also saw this news about SSD possibly becoming mandatory for the Windows partition in a near future:
Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes
Continue exploring the conversation.