Basic Security RazorSiS Free Security Config (Windows)

RazorSiS

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 21, 2017
Added: Winja, ZAM, HTTPS Everywhere, Sandboxie

@harlan4096
Please, review the current config and notify me if something's unnecessary
Can't you just cut the whole backup part with some nice pair of scissors and give my config a full blown secure tag :p lol kidding

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I'm so sorry, but rules are rules :) and I must be strict here, no backup solution in place leads me to set Caution tag :)

Sorry for the "inconveniences", hope You understand it :)

Apart from that, it's a secure config :)

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Actually I do backups, the important ones. It's just that I don't like to use a software for it
Same here, backup software cost me to loose my files. I have got 5-6 backups of my files. A maintained OS will never go haywire and if something goes wrong, the last thing you want to do, is to restore a backup prior to a critical error, it is better to start clean, if restoring from a safe mode or CMD fails.

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Very nice setup overall. BD has great signatures and ZA's firewall with HIPS features is a nice addition.

I would add one of those 2 to detect phishing: Netcraft Extension /Avast Online Security .

Maybe even Pop Up Blocker for Chrome™ - Poper Blocker it blocks iframes, effective against some bitcoin miners.

If you did not already, try some custom DNS to improve protection/performance.

Top 10 Best Public DNS Servers and Fastest DNS Servers 2017

I do not like you password manager, since it has no keylogger protection and can not remember 100 characters long passwords, but if you are OK with that, fine. :)

Last edited:

RazorSiS

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 21, 2017
Very nice setup overall. BD has great signatures and ZA's firewall with HIPS features is a nice addition.

I would add one of those 2 to detect phishing: Netcraft Extension /Avast Online Security .

Maybe even Pop Up Blocker for Chrome™ - Poper Blocker it blocks iframes, effective against some bitcoin miners.
If you did not already, try some custom DNS to improve protection/performance.

Top 10 Best Public DNS Servers and Fastest DNS Servers 2017

Thanks for these awesome suggestions! Just perfect to my taste, I'll add Avast OS and Poper.
I need faster name resolution and my isp dns are pretty fast.
Recently tried adguard dns, whats your opinion on this?
Which one do you recommend from the public dns?

I do not like you password manager, since it has no keylogger protection and can not remember 100 characters long passwords, but if you are OK with that, fine. :)
LoL :ROFLMAO: lousy password manager indeed but the safest one

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017

russ0408

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jul 28, 2013
I know this might be a bit off topic, but I switched from Ublock Origin to Adguard extension on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. I changed because I noticed if you went to check Ublock's filters every other day or so they were not updating. Noticed this a few times. Seems just as light and protects just as well as Ublock Origin.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.