Rebel4Life Laptop

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
RE: my config thingy

With my experience with Immunent I felt the system being slow. I would recommend Kingsoft Antivirus for second opinion. But it is your preference.
For another extension for FireFox I would recommend WOT.
Do you have a plan after Panda expires?

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
RE: my config thingy

rebel4life said:
i have no plans just looking at cloud technology ok i was just looking for a good secondary real time protection
i was going to make a good toolbox on a USB adding an disk recovery on the USB dont know mush about security for an USB device welcome any comments or ideas guys

P

Plexx

RE: rebel4life config thingy

Although having Rollback RX is good, consider also have a stored backup in a hard disk just in case:)

Apart from the paid versions aboved mentioned, you could use Paragon Backup and Restore Free 2012 or Macrium Reflect or even EaseUS. All 3 have free versions.

Do remember however to uninstall rollback to do the backup, then remove the backup software and install rollback again.

Is UAC on in your system?

D

Deleted member 178

RE: rebel4life config

Good to me, i think Trafficlight is not necessary since you have Avast web shield.

online Bit defender Quick Scan may be not necessary too; at my knowledge, ASC ultimate is using Bit Defender engine.
i rather use Malwarebyte Antimalware.

Finally you should disable Waterfox built-in password manager and use Lastpass addon instead, safer and accessible in any browser you log in with.

Btw, how is ASC ultimate on resource usage?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012

Thanks for sharing your setup,I myself get a lot of great information and ideas on these config setup posts from the member replies.Sometimes you get stuck using what you feel comfortable with and its nice to get some new ideas and some you may not have known about.Looks good :)

D

Deleted member 178

RE: rebel4life config Post-reinstalled W7

solid config now ^^

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
RE: rebel4life config Post-reinstalled W7

sorry i dont know where to post this but i have a problem after some windows updates today i started to get this message from my internet /network ADDITIONAL LOGON INFORMATION MAY BE REQUIRED - click on your browser

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

updated November 17th 2012

following setup:

BufferZone - Opera / My documents / Downloads / Online Banking
CyberGhost mode - Waterfox / daily browsing

would any help or ideas guys

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.