Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
RE: Rebel4Life Machine

What were the changes? :D

Also doesn't Emsi-Internet Pack protect you against keyloggers (and more)?

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

oh does EAM Internet Security helps with keyloggers i didnt know that thanks and mostly my browsers and DNS so far its been about a month and no problems just my firewall blocking bad sites

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012

Dang pretty advanced setup for basic knowledge

P

Plexx

Here is my opinion on the On Demand Scanners:

TrendMicro House Call: Poor detection rate compared to ESET and EAM, therefore it is obsolete.

BitDefender Online Scanner: Since EAM is already running, it is pointless using BD since EAM has BD signatures + has way better removal capabilities.

If you really want an On Demand Scanner: MBAM Free would be enough. HMP if you want to have a 4th option.

P

Plexx

ZOU1 said:
ESET AntiVirus 6 BETA / EAM Internet Security

Aren't those two clashing with each other?

As long as you exclude both from each other, they live in harmony.

Known combo which has been used by loveboy_lion, Umbra and I for example.

One thing tho is the RAM usage of this combo.

EAM brings BB to the table whilst ESET 6 HIPS are not fully functional.
EAM also brings other aspects to the table which ESET lacks + BD engine.

I will wait to see if I indeed posted here and it is missing due to the upgrade or it is a dejavu.

If it was a dejavu, ill explain the flaws on the current RT with On Demand choice OP has.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011

As long as you exclude both from each other, they live in harmony.

Known combo which has been used by loveboy_lion, Umbra and I for example.

One thing tho is the RAM usage of this combo.

EAM brings BB to the table whilst ESET 6 HIPS are not fully functional.
EAM also brings other aspects to the table which ESET lacks + BD engine.

Fascinating. :cool:

Wouldn't it make more since to go to CIS? To each their own, but it seems like it would have the same benefits and seems to protect well.
I guess when you have insane RAM, it makes no difference. hehe (membership has its privileges, lol)

P

Plexx

ZOU1 said:
Fascinating. :cool:

Wouldn't it make more since to go to CIS? To each their own, but it seems like it would have the same benefits and seems to protect well.
I guess when you have insane RAM, it makes no difference. hehe (membership has its privileges, lol)

Depends what you are looking for.

I went ESET AV + EAM for this reason: Behavior Blocker.

Soon ditched ESET to EAM as of version 7 but then removed due to some ram usage.

EAM has spikes of RAM usage whilst ESET is stable. Adding all up is fine on a 4GB RAM system. I got 6 and is more than enough but when you mix in 2 game clients is when every little RAM counts.

In a nutshell, pros and cons:

ESET AV w/ EAM combo:

+ESET w/ Emsisoft w/ BitDefender signatures
+ESET HIPS w/ EAM Behavior Blocker (On version 6 RC is simply BB since ESET HIPS is not fully operational)
+EAM Removal Capabilities
+EAM HOSTS file option protection
+ESET w/ EAM web protection
+Fast scan speed on both products

+/- Usage of 3rd party firewall or windows 7 built in firewall
-Relatively High RAM usage of EAM upon updating, scanning and usage of IE (not tested yet Chrome).

CIS 5.10/5.12 + EAM combo:

+RAM usage lighter than ESET w/EAM combo
+More advanced HIPS w/sandbox w EAM Behavior Blocker
+EAM Web protection
+CIS and EAM Removal Capabilities
+EAM HOSTS file option protection
+Decent CAV detection and EAM high detection rates (thanks to BD signatures)
+More tweaking available in CIS (as opposed to ESET)
+CIS Firewall
+CIS HIPS easier to configure than ESET's combo

-CIS Scan speed slower than EAM

ESET with EAM combo is still a bit overkill and fits more in advanced users in terms of detection/paranoid/sense of security, while CIS with EAM fits just fine in average user(do not mistake with advanced user that will always modify settings) (provided either type of users know how to configure ESET/CIS and EAM). Both loveboy_lion and Umbra posted info/guide on how to configure the combos accordingly.

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

thanks for the input guys but i have had 19 days with this combo and no problems no viruses or anything major just the firewall blocking some websites updated my DNS used that namebench and got an DNS that is 26.8% faster plus with icedragon extra defences it does go fast loading pages than waterfox with default DNS

P

Plexx

rebel4life said:
thanks for the input guys but i have had 19 days with this combo and no problems no viruses or anything major just the firewall blocking some websites updated my DNS used that namebench and got an DNS that is 26.8% faster plus with icedragon extra defences it does go fast loading pages than waterfox with default DNS

I can see you have removed BD and TMHC from On-Demand scanners.

Good move.

D

Deleted member 178

you can also remove Trafficlight since Nod32 & Emsi IS has both a potent web protection, you will gain more browsing speed.

P

Plexx

Is the DNT extention really needed since browsers have now that option?

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

WOW 22 day with eset and EAM setup all default settings no tweaking. But just 1 trojan( Hitman Pro detected it) and no other viruses or tracking cookies a clean bil of health for my lady(PC)

D

Deleted member 178

ESET+ EAM combo is one of the strongest combo to me, not surprising , i used it before moving to win8 :D

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

how does it do when the 30 days is open and go back to free version

P

Plexx

rebel4life said:
how does it do when the 30 days is open and go back to free version

ESET or EAM?
If you are asking for ESET: you will stop receiving any updates.

If you are asking for EAM: you loose the real time protection and simply becomes an On Demand Scanner (but with EAM services running on the background for no reason).

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

not eset i got a 90 day trial and using eset antivirus v6 beta i got about 68 days left so its eam 30 day trial but i got the internet security of eam what happens to the firewall keeps everything or do i lose some features

P

Plexx

rebel4life said:
not eset i got a 90 day trial and using eset antivirus v6 beta i got about 68 days left so its eam 30 day trial but i got the internet security of eam what happens to the firewall keeps everything or do i lose some features

EAM becomes what I have said on previous post, while Online Armor becomes:
http://www.online-armor.com/products-online-armor-free.php

Online Armor Free.

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

hiya guys i have a problem i tried sandboxie for a few days didnt like it so i uninstall it but now ice dragon browser is still sandboxed how do i get rid of all files and program of sndboxie

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.