i use hitman and malwarebytes as on demand scanners i have no secondary thingy

That's okay. They both do a good job.

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012
RE: Rebel4Life Machine

update guys im doing an dual boot with windows 7 and linux mint got my partitions done without help just used windows 7 built-in partition software i might be switching to linux in the next few weeks so any info or suggestions would be nice and what is a good system monitoring software

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

hiya guys i have a problem to delete zorin OS from my computer it seems it has taking over my machine how do i get rid of it i have tried so many different uninstall methods nothing is working and i have no windows 7 recovery CD's either i need alot of help guys

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

rebel4life said:
hiya guys i have a problem to delete zorin OS from my computer it seems it has taking over my machine how do i get rid of it i have tried so many different uninstall methods nothing is working and i have no windows 7 recovery CD's either i need alot of help guys

try thsi:
http://forum.raymond.cc/linux/29046-removing-ubuntu-from-dual-boot-new-method.html

if any problem persists please notify

P

Plexx

rebel4life said:

From the top of my head, have you done this?
Note: You can download the windows ISO and recovery from Windows 7 Forums I believe.

Insert a Zorin OS Live disc and boot into it.
- Start then System then Administration then GParted and delete the ext4 and linux-swap partitions.
- Resize the secondary OS partition

Once done boot up the windows recovery or even windows 7 disk, recovery mode, repair computer, command prompt and use the fixmbr command (BootRec.exe /fixmbr).

I believe you can also use Paragon's Rescue Kit or Paragon backup and restore free boot disk to achieve the same type of workaround for fixmbr.

MiniTool Partition Wizard (the iso you can download for free) also has fixmbr/rebuild option

A work around is completely use MiniTool Partition Wizard do do the steps above. That is what I did when I had 2 dual boot linux and one decided to play up (Elementary OS Beta)

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Biozfear:Its too complicated he need just to install easus partition and choose windows boot and zorion os will be gone

P

Plexx

Stranger said:
Biozfear:Its too complicated he need just to install easus partition and choose windows boot and zorion os will be gone

A user that adds Linux needs to know the work arounds.

The MiniTool Partition should do the trick just fine (short cut), but the official way to remove Zorin would be the steps I described (might have missed one step as the last time I used Zorin was over 4 months ago).

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012

Agree,the main reason I hate to try linux is it takes lot to remove it

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

no go stranger i guess i need windows 7 recovery CD's from HP here in canada i can use my machine just no downloads or anything until i can reinstall windows 7 after christmas

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

hello again guys i got fedora linuxmint 14 and ubuntu on live cd's can i override zorin and install one of them over top of zorin

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

i downloaded these 2 software boot-repair-disk and super grub 1.98 disk last night which one will help me to get rid of zorin my dual boot problem i would like to try fedora 17 i got it on a ISO disk any suggestions would be very nice guys

no partition
grub rescue on my screen

P

Plexx

rebel4life said:
hello again guys i got fedora linuxmint 14 and ubuntu on live cd's can i override zorin and install one of them over top of zorin

rebel4life said:
i downloaded these 2 software boot-repair-disk and super grub 1.98 disk last night which one will help me to get rid of zorin my dual boot problem i would like to try fedora 17 i got it on a ISO disk any suggestions would be very nice guys

no partition
grub rescue on my screen

Stranger and I both provided work arounds to remove Zoring OS.

If you do not even wish to attempt the ways to remove Zorin and keep asking for help when it has already been provided, I do not think Linux is the way to go for even single boot for you. If anything try it on a VM until you are fully comfortable with Linux.

Fedora is no easy walk in the park compared to Zorin, Ubuntu and its variations and Mint.

I have also provided you the info in where to download windows 7 iso (since all you need to do once Zorin partitions are removed is to fix mbr).

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

thanks guy i'll find another way to get rid of zorin i do have an corrupt windows 7 on my machine a guy came and reinstall windows 7 on my machine but its was a copy of a copy so many times he used it it had corrupt files in it ive been talking to some computer experts here about it and they said to get windows 7 recovery discs and do a clean reinstall of windows 7

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.