Sep 30, 2012
RE: Rebel4Life Machine

just an update problem solved guys thanks for your help

P

Plexx

Only thing I would change is removing this from On Demand Scanner:
Iobit Malwarefighter

Reason being chances of IMF picking up something MBAM cant which in turn BD didn't pick up are about 10% max or so.

You could replace it with HMP for a piece of mind if you really need a 3rd opinion scanner.

Do you use that many different browsers on a daily basis?

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

im trying out SRWare iron it seems to be little faster than dragon thu with all the addons dragon keeps crashing alot lately

P

Plexx

To be honest, out of SRWare, Chrome and Dragon, the least I would use is SRWare.
Also between the 3, you will get most up to date build on Chrome as opposed to Dragon and SRWare.

There has been some discussion in regards to SRWare recently in this forum. Do a search and you are bound to find it:)

Edit: Here you go:
Thread

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

thx biozfear i read more about iron i wasnt too happy so now im looking for a very faster browser dragon is crashing on me alot and google chrome i dont like it maybe i'll stick to either icedragon or waterfox and dragon

any reviews on CoolNovo browser

P

Plexx

You could give Avant Browser a try. It served me well for awhile before Chrome was released.

As it stands, Avant Browser complete/ultimate (not sure which name is it), it contains Trident engine, Gecko Engine (used by FF) and Webkit Engine (Chrome)

CoolNovo also known as Maple Browser. Used to have a different name before. It is based on Chromium/Chrome. Chinese company.

It does have additional features such as mouse gesture, IE Tab support on top of Webkit and some other features along with ad block.

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

ok i got avant ulitimate on my system using icedragon because dragon is crashing dont know why i got only a few addons now

D

Deleted member 178

btw, How is Immunet now? At the time i used it (very long time ago), it was a holy joke :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Immnent uses (as far as I know) ClamWin's signature, which is why it didn't perform well when I tested it.

D

Deleted member 178

When i used it i disabled the Clam engine just keep the cloud and proprietary engines.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

Still something I won't use. There are other Free AV's that you can pick from which do a better job.

D

Deleted member 178

before few AVs has a cloud and were companion AV at same time , Immunet was one of them, it is why i tried it but now, the choices are wider.

P

Plexx

Immunet Free uses clamwin signatures. Paid uses Tetra, which if memory serves me right, it is BD based engine.

D

Deleted member 178

Biozfear said:
Immunet Free uses clamwin signatures. Paid uses Tetra, which if memory serves me right, it is BD based engine.

yes exact

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

hey guys can i disable BT IS 2013 Firewall and install Comodo FW

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

As far as I know, no. Bitdefender's Firewall driver will still be present on your PC and may conflict with Comodo Firewall.

I would suggest to completely uninstall Bitdefender Total Security and install Bitdefender Antivirus Plus + Comodo Firewall. If the license aren't compatible (for Bitdefender versions) then download the trial and see how it goes.

rebel4life

Level 9
Thread author
Verified
Sep 30, 2012

hiya guys im back my computer crashed sunday dec 30 and i had to order windows 7 recovery cd's and just got them today yahooo im back

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

rebel4life said:
hiya guys im back my computer crashed sunday dec 30 and i had to order windows 7 recovery cd's and just got them today yahooo im back

That's why it's best to have a backup option. ;)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.