Battle Recommend a Firewall and Sandbox (Comodo, SpyShelter, Sandboxie etc..)

tlacenka

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 22, 2014
hello forum
need help :)
its no matter of price
so spyshelter + sandboxie or comodo ?
no problem to learn, no problem to pay (have actually lifetime licences for spyshelter and sandboxie) (going back to windows, so i hope theyre functionall, if no, still no matter of price)

dont want to use "all in one suite" - actually looking for best firewall
so.. spyshelter firewall + sandboxie or comodo..or anything else ? (zonealarm etc) - if something else, so why ?.)
thx all and have a nice day
thx for your time and infos

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I like to collect lifetime licences whenever i see a sale for them:D It's for me like a bet. I got lucky and don't have to look for other software if the developer still improves it and it satisfies my needs ( or i lose like agnitum firewall ). If my memory serves me right when i tried Comodo years ago i coudn't get an installer completely without the option for the antivirus i didn't want. So i moved on. ( That's how i remember it, which may be total wrong :D) Does Comodo gives you popups that "Vivaldi Browser" for example wants webcam access?

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I like to collect lifetime licences whenever i see a sale for them:D It's for me like a bet. I got lucky and don't have to look for other software if the developer still improves it and it satisfies my needs ( or i lose like agnitum firewall ). If my memory serves me right when i tried Comodo years ago i coudn't get an installer completely without the option for the antivirus i didn't want. So i moved on. ( That's how i remember it, which may be total wrong :D) Does Comodo gives you popups that "Vivaldi Browser" for example wants webcam access?
Now you can download Comodo Firewall without Av component, and if you are careful to untick a couple things, you will get no junkware and no bad surprises.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

Quassar

Level 12
Verified
Well-known
Feb 10, 2012
Just out of curiosity, what do you get in Spyshelter that you don't get in Comodo? Doesn't Comodo HIPS cover just about every action, thus preventing keylogging and anything else?
I mean, there must be a reason why Spyshelter costs money -- a lot of money -- while Comodo is free.

Comodo have AV + HIPS with Firewall and Sandbox and in advanced mode it have yet virtual system
SpyShelter Have modlue HIPS, SRP(Write acess), Keyboard Encrypt (but this HIPS is not like casual is more deep for me)

orthonovum

Level 3
Verified
Jun 17, 2017
IMHO a hardware firewall is the way to go but of course that will mean more $ our of your pocket. You can get a free copy of pfsense and install it on a raspberry pi or an old computer or even get a cheap appliance like an Untangle box or something. I have not used a software firewall in a long time are the zone alarms and comodo software firewalls full of bloatware or any junk? I would like to try them if there are free versions that do not contain ads and silly extra things.

tlacenka

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Mar 22, 2014
hw firewall is maybe good way for home/office, but if u are traveling with laptop, whats the point of having hw firewall at home ?... so sw firewall is the way u should go (or use another OS, but u still need to know, what are u doing)

Maxwell Sien

Level 2
Verified
Nov 15, 2016
Comodo. Best Firewall and Strong Sandbox inside. In Comodo, you can also Track any change made (File/Folders and Registry) by application inside Sandbox too.. With this Track, you can decide whether This file is safe or not if we Run Directly.

Freki123

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Aug 10, 2013
I would vote for Sandboxie, Spyshelter (just for the Hips) and Windows Firewall Control. Sandboxie and Windows Firewall Control got Lifetime Licenses and i like that so im biased sorry. The Spy Shelter Firewall i found strange. WFC i found better to understand (atleast for me)

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
++ for Sandboxie plus a firewall of your choice... if you don't have a firewall in a product you are already using perhaps the windows firewall is enough...

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.