Status
Not open for further replies.

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
I highly recommend adding a backup solution like Macrium Reflect.

Thanks for sharing your config! :)

Reactions: BugCode

BugCode

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Backup, backup! Hi, Red-ufo. As i mentioned backup is very important, use Macrium, Aomei or Veeam. And think updating win 10, it is not bigger monster than win 7, they walk almost same line.
I hope you have good memory if you have strong passwords, so do i, and backup memory is vaulted flashdrive with notepad.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
Looks pretty solid as-is.

I would recommend removing SUPERAntiSpyware and Ashampoo WinOptimizer due to their reputation/quality.

If you're looking for something additional, try out VoodooShield Free for maximum protection.

Since you're using Firefox, take a look at Sandboxie too.

Red-ufo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 10, 2017
Does VoodooShield Free work alongside Eset smart security?
I have tried a few System Utilities programs, I found Ashampoo WinOptimizer 14 to be the best. Is there an alternative.

DC47561

Level 3
Verified
Feb 3, 2017
I would personally use either Macrium Reflect or SyncBack to schedule an automated backup to either another drive on your computer or an external drive periodically. SyncBack offers an incremental backup which I find very useful. Looks good to me other than that.

Reactions: Handsome Recluse

sudo -i

Level 4
Verified
Jan 17, 2017
Does VoodooShield Free work alongside Eset smart security?
I have tried a few System Utilities programs, I found Ashampoo WinOptimizer 14 to be the best. Is there an alternative.
VoodooShield Free works alongside any other security software.
As far as System Utilities go, only trust what CCleaner gives you. Any extra "one-click fixes" that you get from Ashampoo WinOptimizer probably does more harm than good.

Reactions: BugCode

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Consider removing Super Antispyware.
Probably do not need Malwarebytes Antimalware in real time with ESET Smart Security.
Consider removing Ashampoo WinOtimizer as CCleaner is more than enough.
Definitely consider some type of system and data backup solution.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Red-ufo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 10, 2017
VoodooShield Free works alongside any other security software.
As far as System Utilities go, only trust what CCleaner gives you. Any extra "one-click fixes" that you get from Ashampoo WinOptimizer probably does more harm than good.

I do have CCleaner running In the background, Ashampoo WinOptimizer It's not active In the background, but I do use It from time to time.
Thanks for the VoodooShield Free Info

I just Installed Macrium Reflect & VoodooShield Free and Reason Core Security free, and uninstalled Super Antispyware.

Last edited:

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
Fantastic config. Nothing to add.

Just make sure you take frequent data backups, and also have a system image at the ready, in case you need it.

Thanks for sharing your config with us, mate. :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Strong configuration out there.

Although in terms of on demand scanner I think EEK, Zemana and MBAM may already capable to detect possible of remnants threats.

Red-ufo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Feb 10, 2017
Added Herd Protect, because a of a program conflict with Zemana AntiLogger and Corel PaintShop Pro X8.

I found a workaround Zemana.AntiMalware Portable free.
And you can use Corel PaintShop Pro X8 just fine with It

Last edited:
Reactions: DracusNarcrym
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.