New Update Redirect AMP to HTML

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Redirect AMP to HTML extension for Firefox
- by Aleksandersen
Automatically redirects any Accelerated Mobile Page (AMP) pages to their regular HTML equivalent.
When you see an AMP page, you’re likely seeing a page served directly by Bing or Google who can suck in information about what you do on that page. Keep the web decentralized and say “No!” to search engines that want to take control over the web.
AMP pages are designed for small-screen devices and often don’t translate well to larger screens. The extension can be especially useful if you receive links from people who’re on their mobile devices while you’re on your desktop computer.

Here you've Versions page: Redirect AMP to HTML version history - 14 versions – Add-ons for Firefox (en-US)

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Hmm are you sure that this extension works? I'm not sure, look at this example:
After clicking on this link, you've the (AMP) flawed page (why?): Hacker News
So resulting page after click is here: Hacker News - l'address is not cleaned...not HTML original page after click - which is here, this original page: Hacker News
- all this I've in my PC, on Firefox fork, with my extensions working (uBlock O. , Neat URL etc)

Homepage of developer: Redirect AMP to HTML | Web Extension

Wikipedia (about Accelerated Mobile Pages = AMP) : Accelerated Mobile Pages - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Reactions: [correlate]

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Hmm are you sure that this extension works? I'm not sure, look at this example:
After clicking on this link, you've the AMP page (why?): Hacker News
So resulting page after click is here: Hacker News - l'address is not cleaned...not HTML original page after click - which is here, this original page: Hacker News
- all this I've in my PC, on Firefox fork, with my extensions working (uBlock O. , Neat URL etc)

Homepage of developer: Redirect AMP to HTML | Web Extension
It's meant for sites like this: Videos in Play Store listings will play automatically starting in September

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
YES, this work good, this extension.
With extension enabled, I've original HTML page after click on amp page (so your address to test, with ?amp at the end of link), thank you.
Extension deletes "?amp" at the end of your link, so redirects from AMP page to the original HTML source.
Could you post another test links, please?

Edit:
I've found another AMP link to test: Lambda School is Silicon Valley's big bet on reinventing education and making student debt obsolete. But students say it's a 'cult' and they would have been better off learning on their own.
With extension enabled, this link is redirected to HTML page, good!

Last edited:

Prorootect

Level 69
Thread author
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
I've found another solution, only for links with amp parameter suffix at the end of the link: in the Neat URL extension I use, under Options, added , amp, in the Blocked parameters window (then click "Save preferences"). To remove extra characters, suffix at the end of your URL use then Neat URL.
So the first link test of SeriousHoax works immediately on HTML.

But I couldn't find any other solution (than Redirect AMP to HTML extension) for test link I've posted above...

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.