Solved Reimage Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayH

New Member
Verified
I have run scans on McAfee LiveSafe. It doesn't detect anything.

Thank you so much in advance!!

All the best,
Ray
 

Attachments

Hello,


51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.png
Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
  • Install the progam and select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Start Scan.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the Reports tab.
  • Double-click the Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.
 
Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com
-Log Details-
Scan Date: 5/31/17
Scan Time: 11:07 AM
Log File: scan.txt
Administrator: Yes
-Software Information-
Version: 3.1.2.1733
Components Version: 1.0.122
Update Package Version: 1.0.2057
License: Trial
-System Information-
OS: Windows 10
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: DESKTOP-RASUNBF\admin
-Scan Summary-
Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 399948
Threats Detected: 3
Threats Quarantined: 3
Time Elapsed: 13 min, 43 sec
-Scan Options-
Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Enabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled
-Scan Details-
Process: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Module: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Key: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Value: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Data: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Data Stream: 0
(No malicious items detected)
Folder: 0
(No malicious items detected)
File: 3
PUP.Optional.Booking, C:\PROGRAMDATA\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\BOOKING.COM.LNK, Quarantined, [411], [347183],1.0.2057
PUP.Optional.MySearch.Generic, C:\USERS\ADMIN\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\LOCAL STORAGE\http_seenonscreen.dl.mysearch.com_0.localstorage, Quarantined, [8884], [383401],1.0.2057
PUP.Optional.MySearch.Generic, C:\USERS\ADMIN\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\LOCAL STORAGE\http_seenonscreen.dl.mysearch.com_0.localstorage-journal, Quarantined, [8884], [383401],1.0.2057
Physical Sector: 0
(No malicious items detected)

(end)
 
Ever since my last message I haven't opened google chrome and all was going great.
I've just opened it this very minute and it has already opened a fishy page (i will attach a screenshot of it) and MalwareBytes keeps blocking a site it thing is a threat (screenshot also attached). However the computer is responding fast.

Thanks so much for following up on my thread!
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot (40).png
    Screenshot (40).png
    186.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot (39).png
    Screenshot (39).png
    85.7 KB · Views: 25
I closed and reopened chrome and again, immediately, unwanted pages are trying to open.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot (41).png
    Screenshot (41).png
    71.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot (42).png
    Screenshot (42).png
    251.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot (43).png
    Screenshot (43).png
    81.4 KB · Views: 24
FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked.

    2873ryc.png

  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please attach report into your next reply.
 
Let me know if this solved it:


FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

Just in case I had to check how the computer was behaving right after the fix and restart, I opened Google and searched random pages.
Malwarebytes is blocking a certain page from opening by itself.
I attached a screenshot of that.

Shanks!
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot (47).png
    Screenshot (47).png
    757.5 KB · Views: 21
I had just opened Chrome and before I could type anything Malwarebytes was already blocking the same page as before (attached). And as I was writing this reply it blocked another. (attached as well)Screenshot (55).png Screenshot (56).png
So no specific website. I suppose it's Chrome itself; but you're the expert :)
I also have McAfee and for the first time it also blocked a page, it gave the IP but I didnt manage to get it.

By the way, all the best to you!
 
Sometimes nothing hapens until I click on a search result I've made, then Malwarebytes starts repeatedly blocking pages (sometimes the same one over and over, at other times different pages).
I attached 3 screenshots showing 3 consecutive blocks MAlwarebytes did (a coupe of seconds apart).
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot (59).png
    Screenshot (59).png
    656 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot (60).png
    Screenshot (60).png
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot (61).png
    Screenshot (61).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
TwinHeadedEagle, do you think you'll be able to get rid of whatever is causing these unwanted connections on Chrome?
Is there anything else I can do? Mayday! Mayday!
 
Hey TwinHeadedEagle, I dropped by to say a huge thank you for your help! It seems my computer is clean again.

All the best to you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top