Reimage Repair/DNS Unlocker popups remaining

FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please include their content into your next reply.
 
Kinda nuked the system last night with multiple scans as well as reinstalling chrome and steam and I've had no problems since reinstalling stuff at 10am UK time so I should hope that it's clean now. Either way here's the FRST results.
 

Attachments

It was only in the Steam browser just then. I was browsing the store and got a redirect. Instantly uninstalled and cleared the local appdata of steam and it seems to be clear now.

Just finding it very confusing and frustrating as I can't see an obvious source of infection
 
  • Press the
    WindowsKey.png
    + R on your keyboard at the same time. Type ncpa.cpl and click OK.
  • Find you internet adapter, usually Local Area Connection if connection is wired.
  • Right click on it and select Properties.
  • Click on Internet Protocol Version 4 and select Properties again.
  • Make sure that IP Address and DNS Server are set to automatically.
 
51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.png
Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Please re-run
51a46ae42d560-malwarebytes_anti_malware.png
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

  • First of all, select update.
  • Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detection & Protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
  • In the same tab, under PUP and PUM detections make sure it is set to Treat detections as malware.
  • Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Start Scan.
  • If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
  • Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
  • Click Application Logs and double-click the newest Scan Log.
  • At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.
 
I have bitten the bullet and reformatted. This thing is just proving too damn stubborn and I've got my important data stored elsewhere . If The infection returns with no changes to my habits is it safe to say the network is infected?
 
Yep. Just had popups on Chrome within an hour of completely reformatting and reinstalling Chrome. Can only assume it's my Chrome account or the network. Any ideas?
 
I have completely uninstalled Chrome and deleted the localappdata folder and have installed firefox instead.
I have not signed into my Google account. Do I just leave that account now and assume it as compromised?
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top