Removing "Microsoft - Your Computer is Blocked" from a HP chromebook

Torin Reid

Thread author
Oct 3, 2020
Hello everyone,

I'm not too literate on computers but I have a "Microsoft - Your computer is blocked" malware on my HP chromebook. I tried to follow instructions but the chromebook is different.

Torin

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
1. Which Guide did you follow?

2. Review all installed extensions and remove any that may be the cause. Send a screenshot or list, if unsure.

3. Try Chrome cleanup at chrome://settings/cleanup

4. Try scanning your Chromebook with Malwarebytes, requires Play Store support.

Final (after infection is removed).
For future protection use Malwarebytes Browser Guard. Browser Guard - Blocks ads, scams, and trackers

Disclaimer: I am not familiar with the ChromeOS system, all information has been found via search engine. Make sure all your data is backed up. If you are unsure, then let us know.

Reactions: Gandalf_The_Grey

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.